• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Toy Springfield socom 16!

awm

NES Member
Loving this new rifle and got it new on gun broker from a top seller for a steal!

Cleaned it and now just waiting on the gas tube wrench and lubriplate grease for it (didn’t realize m1a’s needed it instead of gun oil)

will report back back after the range!

https://imgur.com/a/ICNDf

Thanks guys and yea will be wearing ear plugs and my electronic headphones. I also have a Savage Ashbury model 10 precision ordinance rifle in .308 and the muzzle break I have from area419 is supposed to be super loud. People are not gonna like me at the range lol.

i also have a bushnell trs-25 on it now. Works great on my AK47 so for $50 gonna give it a try on this too!

Very Nice. Thanks for posting the link to the PIC

One of those is on my long-list of future purchases (which may never happen just due to lack of actual funds).

Thanks for all the feedback!

I seriously had to research videos on this thing because never used grease and the gas tube was a bitch to get off but the tool and some kreoil saved me!

I got it to the range yesterday but didn't realize they were going to be doing a match so only got about 20 rounds through it but functioned flawlessly. It is is extremely loud but its fun as hell to shoot.

The magazine in it is a preban thermold mag. Stamped 1990 and is a 20 rounder. I have 5 of them for it too plus 1 preban steel 20 rounder.

I need to dial in the bushnell trs next. I just took it off and fired iron sights which were spot on at 50 yards out of the box. Need to dial the red dot in at 50 then will move out to 100 yards.

My Savage Ashbury Precision Ordnance model 10 precision rifle is coming in today so will post pics up of that. Will be wearing an area419 hellfire muzzle break and a vortex 6.5x-20x-50mm scope too. Waaaaaaay overkill for my 100 and 200 yard range but hey....why not?

Back
Top Bottom