New Toy For Hunting

peterk123

NES Member
I was bummed that I did not get pics of that big buck I was watching the other day. I have been eyeballing these adapters that hold your phone to the spotting scope for a while. But never could settle on one. I stumbled on a little company in Utah that looked like was putting out a very well thought out product. It is called the scope cam adapter. Well, they did not disappoint. This thing is awesome. I still need to get focus, etc worked out but here are a couple examples of what I will be able to do in the future:

Pic of house over a mile away with camera 2x zoom. Umm, ya you can't see the house. Well, just barely.

20221031_154313.jpg

Phone with adapter on my scope.

20221031_154141.jpg

Deer at 300 yards. This was my first attempt, so focus was an issue. Later figured out to go full manual so the phone won't try to adjust it while you snap the pic. I also can zoom quite a bit more. Next time.

20221031_150208.jpg

Next time I am hunting open country the scope is coming, although this will hook up to my binos as well. That will be the next experiment. Way better stories coming if I can have some pics included.

Hey, @APFSDS , another great reason for a really good scope :)

Back
Top Bottom