• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New to Milsurps, just got my C&R...

Now that I have my C&R I have to get some milsurps! What rifle would you guys recommend? I'm thinking something bolt action, fairly accurate. Enfield is on the possible list so far. Didn't someone say having the license would save money? [rofl]

Start by flipping through the pages at Gunbroker.com - see what grabs your interest. Then do some research on gunboards.com and surplusrifle.com

From that point on, forget about saving a dime, and stock up on Ramen Noodles....

Welcome to the Brotherhood!

welcome to the club!!, if you want a cheap milsurp get a mosin nagant there are pleanty of them around. i collect enfields and all i got to say is if you buy one it wont be the last.

Get to a copier and make a few dozen copies of your C&R and buy a copy of Shotgun News for the surplus gun adds. Send copies of your license either by fax or snail mail (my prefered method because you get catalogs and flyers in the mail) and start collecting cans, shopping at bargain grocery stores, give up any late night entertainment at all, and be prepared to go rocketing into debt!

Oh, and be sure to post your pictures and what you paid so us older or more experienced C&R holders can tell you what those guns cost us at the time we bought them because they do go up in price every year. [wink]

And since you're in NH, you can now buy direct form guys like me in MA looking to get rid of guns :::cough::: http://northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=41049 :::cough:::

Still cheaper than a popular distributor lists this for and its already been cleaned and checked, and it shoots very accurate.[wink]

+1 on the CZ-82. Best deal on a handgun I ever got.

CZ-83 in .380acp $450 (and extremely tough to find in MA)
CZ-82 in 9x18mm >$200 for an identical gun

the only problem is finding good ammo for carrying it.

Enfield is on the possible list so far.

+1 to the Enfield. Out of my (steadily-growing) collection of C&R long guns, I'm continually amazed at the quality of my No4 Mk2. The Brits sure didn't skimp on their weaponry.

It's almost pointless to worry about which C&R gun you're going to get first. Just practice this phrase: "Ooh... I don't have one of THOSE yet!" [smile]

Back
Top Bottom