New Texas Teacher Article by AP

I suppose the solution to all of this is to just make the School a gun free zone.
Oh, and maybe a bully-free and murder free zone too...

That'll make them think twice!!!

"It's unfair of us to ask teachers to take on the additional job of being police officers," said Paul Helmke, president of the Brady Campaign.

No one's making it mandatory that teachers carry guns.

This unrepentant assnugget knows that, but his over-riding need to distort reality cannot be satiated by earthly means.

Teachers are simply being given the opportunity to CHOOSE to carry or not.

Example #3,411 showing how the Left is anything but "pro-choice".

While I was cleaning some of my firearms this past weekend, after a very nice IDPA match, I caught a three way commentary on NPR about this issue. Two guys and one female with the show host talking about guns carried concealed by teachers in this small school. The lady was great - uphold the 2nd amendment, way to go school super, all in favour of the idea. One of the guys was just unbelievable at his level of ignorance on firearms. He cited the YouTube clip of the DEA agent shooting himself in the foot while in a classroom. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhIJOVD8hwY

His argument was that if a trained agent could accidentally discharge a firearm in a classroom, then a loaded gun, holstered, on a teacher would "just go off" at some point. What a moron. If the DEA agent and the guy he asked to check his weapon was clear had been paying attention, they would have noticed a live round in the mag that had not been removed. The level of paranoia on the part of the two guys on the show was , frankly, remarkable. Why have "Untrained" people carrying guns in schools? Why not just hire a security guard? What about the risk of the kids being shot by the teachers? Had to turn it off before my head exploded.

I am all in favor of experienced firearms owners carrying concealed on school and college campuses. I believe many school shootings could have been curtailed by armed educators as first responders. As a former university Prof, I would have carried all the time if I could have.

No one's making it mandatory that teachers carry guns.

This unrepentant assnugget knows that, but his over-riding need to distort reality cannot be satiated by earthly means.

Teachers are simply being given the opportunity to CHOOSE to carry or not.

Example #3,411 showing how the Left is anything but "pro-choice".

That and having a ccw does not mean you are going to police anything. It's just about saving the skin your in. And that is something that the police can't and won't do if you are put in the situation where your life is in immediate danger.

Don't you think if the schools who have had the shootings in the past allowed teachers to carry that maybe those shootings would never have happened? Don't you think the kids who shot up the schools realized that no one wopuld be able to stop them until they had destroyed many lives. If they had even suspected that teachers might be carrying handguns, those kids may have decided not to shoot up the schools.

But Harrold Superintendent David Thweatt said the board approved the policy in an October open meeting that had been publicized.

So the public did have a say in it, unlike what the few who are against this new policy say.

"When you outlaw guns in a certain area, the only people who follow that are law-abiding citizens, and everybody else ignores it," Thweatt said.

Well, I can tell ya this, for sure ... it would make those "professional development" days a lot more enjoyable. [grin]

Don't you think if the schools who have had the shootings in the past allowed teachers to carry that maybe those shootings would never have happened? Don't you think the kids who shot up the schools realized that no one wopuld be able to stop them until they had destroyed many lives. If they had even suspected that teachers might be carrying handguns, those kids may have decided not to shoot up the schools.

+1.....The more the merrier as far as I'm concerned. An armed teacher (anonymous) may save countless lives in the future. The sooner parents realize this the better.

If I am correct, to date there have been ZERO teachers CCW. The asshats who want to kill will definately have a deterrant to think about before suicide mission. Teacher training should be free if you ask me.

Some people will never get it. But when the next situation arises, there will be a definitive response and their next concious thought will be fading to black. Good fu**ing riddance..........NEXT! [frown]

Back
Top Bottom