New summer gun and NFA Goodness

So I decided weeks ago that I needed a small pocket size gun for summer carry when i'm wearing shorts and what not. The Glock 30 is my main concealed carry gun but I wanted something that would fit in a normal sized short or pant pocket and be ultra-concealable. After looking at the Seecamps & Kel-Tec's I decided on a Kel-Tec P3AT. When I walked in I looked at the Kel-Tec then was shown the brand new Ruger LCP. Same size, weight etc but with better fit and finish! So I bought one [smile]

102_0767a.jpg

Also while I was there I found out that my PS90 receiver was done being engraved for SBR'ing. Now that tax stamp has some value!

102_0765a.jpg

All in all a very good day [laugh2]

Last edited by a moderator:
That PS90 looks sweet. I wonder if my chief would sign a form 1. I've got plenty of other guns to buy before I go down the NFA money pit though. Let us know what you think once you shoot the LCP, though I expect you paid a hefty MA premium on that.

Hopefully you can get your chief to sign off on it otherwise you'll need to go the corporate or trust route. SBR'ing it wasn't cheap when you consider the $200 tax stamp and the almost $350 for the CMMG barrel and real FN muzzle break but the PS90 is one of the few guns that must be SBR'd in my opinion (MP5 and clones is another that comes to mind).

I'll be bringing the LCP to the range tomorrow and i've got a box of 50 rounds to put through her. From disassembling it for cleaning it looks like it is a Kel-Tec P3AT only built better. We'll find out tomorrow :)

Last edited:
so these Ruger LCP's are Mass legal? if you don't mind me asking, where did you buy it?

i'm looking for a girl gun for my girl. she's frustrated with my M&P and actually likes shooting my .45's more than 9mm's!

but we are trying to close in on a gun she'll actually be carrying.

snubby wheel guns are out of the question... she did NOT like them at the CCW class.

so much for my .380 / 9mm "for her" plan, huh? [hmmm]

so far: the Walther PPK series is out of the question along with Sig 380's, M&P9c, Glock 19 / 26 ect....

I'm almost considering a Para O "carry" model again for her, like a CCO or similar in 9mm since she actually shoots great with the Ruger 345 and SW1911's.... the recoil and size is what the problem is... she's a whopping 5ft / 110 soaking wet! so it has to be small..... LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think they're available yet for those who fall under the AG's restrictions. When I was at the gun shop they had it sitting there with a price tag on it that also said LE Only so I don't think these are available yet to the general public.

I don't think they're available yet for those who fall under the AG's restrictions. When I was at the gun shop they had it sitting there with a price tag on it that also said LE Only so I don't think these are available yet to the general public.

COOL - thanks a bunch....

then again - back to square number 1...... [sad2]

LOL

boy I hope they become MA compliant, along with the Walther PPS. I have a weakness for small carry guns and these two are right up my ally.
I hate living in MA but love living on Cape Cod, so I guess I have to suck it up and just keep hoping...
Let us know how the trigger is on that LCP.

There is a very good reveiw of the LCP (he lovingly calls it the Elsie Pea) on this site:

http://www.gunblast.com/Ruger-LCP.htm

Seems to be a neat little piece of action - I shall take a look-see at Shoot Straight this weekend..

Thanks for the link, I didn't realize he'd already reviewed the LCP.

Seeing it disassembled reinforces how close it is to the P3AT. I like that Ruger added the slide lock, that's one thing I don't like about the Kel-Tec.

Well I brought her to the range the other day and was very impressed. Accuracy is good with the fixed sights and the trigger feel is great. Also recoil was almost non-existent and it really shot well.

Back
Top Bottom