• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Sig shoots 6" high at 25 yds!

Guys I've confirmed this with someone else tonight. I bought this new a couple months ago and have thought it might have been me or maybe it just needed a good breakin. Over 500 rounds and it's defintely the gun. 6" at 25 Yds, 2" at 25'.

My question is- how the heck could it be this far off from the factory. I'm going to call Sig and send it back but it's such a PITA sending stuff via FEDEX. I'm kinda bummed.

Be sure to give them detailed information on the load you're shooting. It could well be that the wrong front sight was installed during manufacturing. It could also be that your load is way off whatever is considered "standard," but SIG has a range of front sights to accommodate different conditions.

Thanks guys. Shot several loads (that sounds real bad) including CCI Blazer, Fiocchi, Speer and whatever George Harris used at the Sigarms facility last Friday night. Sig gave me an RMA number today and it will be on it's way soon enough.

If its with everything it sounds like the FSP. I'm surprised it was noticed when it was tested before it left the factory. But I'm not sure what distance they test fire at.

derek said:
If its with everything it sounds like the FSP. I'm surprised it was noticed when it was tested before it left the factory. But I'm not sure what distance they test fire at.

Sorry- what is FSP??? Yes, testing is supposed to be at 25yds.

Back
Top Bottom