I normally click the "new posts" button to browse NES and I noticed I'm not getting any new posts from the member only section. I can see them when I click in through the directory, but they aren't showing up under "new posts".

Mike

As far as I know it has. If you log out and look at the forum list you won't see any thread title in the Members forum link.

Wow, I've been missing all the posts in the member's forum for a long time, apparently. Why don't they show up when posts in the subforums do?

This.

I usually use the What's New button and could have sworn that I used to see the Member's Forum posts.

That's been my experience. I use "what's new", as well, and I know I have seen members only posts there. I verified this, just now, by seeing some threads I have been following, in there. I realize some of them may have been moved there, but not as many as I saw.

Looking into this. The latest version of vB changed the way some things are handled regarding the new posts search.

I had no idea that when a member is logged in, the "new posts" button didn't display all posts that a member can view. I knew that when you are not logged in, you can't see posts in the "member's only" sections.

I always first click on "settings" to see subscribed threads, then on "new posts" to see all new threads and new posts in existing threads, then on "mark forums read" after I've read the new posts in threads in which I'm interested.

As asked above, are there other threads that are "not included" in the "new posts" button? And is there a difference between the "what's new?" and the "new posts" button?

I had no idea that when a member is logged in, the "new posts" button didn't display all posts that a member can view. I knew that when you are not logged in, you can't see posts in the "member's only" sections.

I always first click on "settings" to see subscribed threads, then on "new posts" to see all new threads and new posts in existing threads, then on "mark forums read" after I've read the new posts in threads in which I'm interested.

As asked above, are there other threads that are "not included" in the "new posts" button? And is there a difference between the "what's new?" and the "new posts" button?

It did show all posts until the upgrade yesterday. I'm working with Derek on a solution to return this functionality to its previous level.

Back
Top Bottom