New model Vaquero

I picked up my new (to me) .45 New Model Vaquero this morning. I am very pleased with the fit and finish. It really does look and feel pretty much like a Colt SA The steel grip frame is nicely polished and the steel ejector housing is a nice touch! The gun weighs only a couple ounces less than the old Vaquero, but feels completely different, not massive like the original Vaquero. I'm guessing that the weight saved in the lighter frame and cylinder is offset by the steel gripframe & ejector housing. Although I haven't loaded or fired it yet, the chambers being lined up with the loading gate is an obvious and welcome change. Even the plastic grips are well done and fit perfectly!
The only problem that I can see, is that there is not much that a person can do to "improve" this gun. [wink]
A note to Ruger: It took 50 years, but very well done!

My FFL had two of these in .357 Magnum. It does have a nice feel to it. I almost got one, but then I'd have to get a Marlin 1894 in the same caliber also and that would lead to more guns and more holsters and more shooting.

jhrosier said:
C-pher said:

MMMMuuusssttt nnNNnnnooottt Ask where.........

[twisted] Careful!
You get one of them, you'll kick the dog off the bed and sleep with it! [oops]

I know, I need two of them...and I've got money burning a hole in my pocket...but I'm trying to save for the gun show in Wilmington in case I see a matching set of Colt Clones...maybe a Uberti or EMF....

But I need them in .357

So, BOO ON YOU FPrice or telling me... :D :D :D

FPrice said:
My FFL had two of these in .357 Magnum. It does have a nice feel to it. I almost got one, but then I'd have to get a Marlin 1894 in the same caliber also and that would lead to more guns and more holsters and more shooting.
You say that like it's a bad thing....
I just sold a gun I bought, on impulse and never fired, a couple of years back. The proceeds (good appreciation) got me the new Vaquero, a S&W 686, and a S&W 640.
The wife seemed OK with it...the dog's not too happy, though.

FPrice said:
So, BOO ON YOU FPrice or telling me...

What can I say but....

I love ya, man!

[shock]

Thanks man, nice to know that there's this much love...enough to TORTURE someone. :D

But who knows...mabye the following weekend I'll be out there visiting the town of Hadley. And being that you love me, maybe letting you buy me some lunch. [shock]

Back
Top Bottom