• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

new M&PShield 45 .. WOW

Seriously? My Shield in .40 is my last ditch attempt before I use imaginary kung fu abilities. Maybe it's just me, though.

THE STARS ARE ALIGNED!!! You won't regret it... love my 1911's, a little heavy and bulky to carry. Cheap money for the Shield and it performs amazingly! If you don't mind putting a few bucks into it, you have a trigger similar to a 1911 if you so choose. If not, the factory trigger on this little gem is a pretty darn good trigger for a Ma trigger..

Wow!

Got one a few weeks back. Anyone elses sides sore from that mean ass grip texture. Nice while your shooting it but tough on My silky smooth skin.

Got one a few weeks back. Anyone elses sides sore from that mean ass grip texture. Nice while your shooting it but tough on My silky smooth skin.

My right hand is very callused... [hmmm]

20170509_133518_resized.jpg

It's amazing how the recoil on this thing is less than a 1911. Even with my ****ed wrist I can shoot this no problem all day long. The stippling is great.

Attachments

• 20170509_131910_resized.jpg
    20170509_131910_resized.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 56

Yes! I certainly could benefit from smaller love handles, but don't necessarily want them sanded down by the Shield's grip. Might be tough as a summer carry option unless I get a different holster.

First time out to the range, less than 100 rounds my recoil spring broke! The cap that holds it together few across the range. Great

6526dc7101666fc3adcf0c05fd0387c2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happened to me also, 1st 50 rounds. Called S&W they sent me a new one. No problems since I installed the replacement. I ordered the SS guide rod assy as a back up just in case.

Happened to me also, 1st 50 rounds. Called S&W they sent me a new one. No problems since I installed the replacement. I ordered the SS guide rod assy as a back up just in case.

I called them up and one is on the way. Was really liking it before it broke!

That's not the first time I've heard/seen of the spring issue. Glad you guys are getting decent Customer Service from S&W

Does the new assy look any different than the old (broken) one?

Does the new assy look any different than the old (broken) one?
Looked the same to me. I was reading some of the threads over @ the S&W forum where guys have thousands of rounds thru their shield 45's without a hiccup, what can I say. I have no plans of getting rid of it, I really like it. It is as accurate as my 5" colt 45.

Engineering looks just fine to me ..... as for quality control.... no complaints here... 20 plus M&Ps.. every gun manufactuer has an issue here or there..

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I never knew a Glock single stack 45 existed. Looks like the Shield blows it out of the water.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yeah. Mine are too. This gun carries and shoots great, but its only comfortable to me with an undershirt. Which defeats the summer carry purpose. Now im back to the gen 4 19/23/32 which i always end up carrying anyway.

Ill keep it as a backup, but fairly bummed that its so uncomfortable

I have a cheepo inside the belt holster, been carrying the Shield for a month know with shorts and a T Shirt, no problems or skin irritation at all. My Sig p228 is back in the safe at least during the Summer months.

Yeah. Mine are too. This gun carries and shoots great, but its only comfortable to me with an undershirt. Which defeats the summer carry purpose. Now im back to the gen 4 19/23/32 which i always end up carrying anyway.

Ill keep it as a backup, but fairly bummed that its so uncomfortable

Throw the rubber talon grips on, it changes it from super uncomfortable to very nice.

Throw the rubber talon grips on, it changes it from super uncomfortable to very nice.

Yeah...might have to do this.....I'm finding it tough to justify as the Glock carries almost as well a bit thicker, has more capacity and has night sites already. I still need to put night sights on the smith if I'm going to use it as primary carry.

Just buy the standard M&P trigger return spring.. it $2 bucks most places... swap that spring and you turn your shield into a free state shield. Trigger new should be around 7-8 lbs in my experience. Probably breaks into to around 6.5 lbs.. very nice...

Just did this.. what a difference, $3 well spent!!

I never knew a Glock single stack 45 existed. Looks like the Shield blows it out of the water.

Bought a G36 as soon as it was released. Not a great gun/ or GLOCK for that matter. (SOLD it)

I do not own the Shield in 45. I have fired it and do think it is a better pistol than the G36 "period"

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom