"New" M&P Bodyguard 380 w/o laser

Fondled one @ 4 seasons yesterday. Does not appear to have any meaningful differences. Slide serrations are the M&P scalloped type. No laser. Trigger seems same.

I have one. 80 rds fired no issues. Its a fine little gun. The sights are invisible i had to paint the front sight bright white to make them usable.
otherwise i like the gun.
people complain so much about the BG380 its ridiculous. It is NOT a range gun...i believe high volume shooting will kill the gun, but for a pocket 380 i am quite pleased w it.

*** Just passing on info about a great SALE on the M&P version of the Bodyguard 380 ***

F.S. has them on sale for $
299 CASH or $309 CREDIT

I got one today & figured I'd pass the info along!

I love it and what makes me like it even more if that people hate it

agree. guns like the BG380 really highlight how unrealistic many people are.

sometimes i hear things like "the BG380 is a POS because I could only get 2000 rds through it and then the rail broke and slide cracked."

here is a better question: "why the F*** are you shooting 2000 rds through a BG380?"

some people want a gun the size of their pinky finger and also expect it to be as reliable as a P226. no such thing. if i want to enjoy shooting 380acp, I get my P232 out of the safe and give it a spin. but an even better question is "why the F*** am I shooting 380 for fun?"

I like the looks of this one but I'll ride out my older version. Anyone try the Mag Guts? I know there out of stock. 8 rounds of 380 would be cool. Been eyeing the new trigger to in alien green lol

It's a company that makes a kit that replaces the internals of the factory mag so it can take 7 RDS so you can carry 8 rounds on you

Shot mine today for the fist time. 100% function, easy to shoot and accurate. Shot fmj, gold dots, liberty civil defense. The 50 grain liberty knocked the plate the same as the others. I only shot at steel so no targets to show.

No question the trigger on this gun is lighter than the original bg380 I had. I don't see any need to change it.

Last edited:
I suddenly have a hankering for one of these bad boys. Of course I've watched plenty of videos while I nurture my hankering, and I like the looks/function of the trigger kit from Galloway. I'll probably give it a fair shake before ordering that, but I imagine it'll be on my need list.

This message brought to you by the letter T and the number 9.

I have this little gun and so far so good. Had one FTF out of 100 rounds. Super tiny and convenient. Easy to throw in the pocket when I am just running to the store an what not. Trigger is fine, can easily put 7 shots in target pretty quickly. Only thing I want to do to this gun is put in galloways mag guts to get a +1.

I bought two from 4 seasons months back and the wife and I haven't had a single issue with either of them. they both have a couple hundred rounds through them now and I won't complain one bit other than the front sight being terrible. S&W really should white dot it from the factory. like previously said this isn't a range gun but you do have to go to the range and practice with it... Definately find myself carrying this piece in my blackhawk pocket holster almost everywhere I go these days with total confidence in its ability. For the price you can't beat it IMO being that its one of the few 380's with a safety and the trigger pull is just heavy enough that it would be hard to shoot myself with it.

I bought two from 4 seasons months back and the wife and I haven't had a single issue with either of them. they both have a couple hundred rounds through them now and I won't complain one bit other than the front sight being terrible. S&W really should white dot it from the factory. like previously said this isn't a range gun but you do have to go to the range and practice with it... Definately find myself carrying this piece in my blackhawk pocket holster almost everywhere I go these days with total confidence in its ability. For the price you can't beat it IMO being that its one of the few 380's with a safety and the trigger pull is just heavy enough that it would be hard to shoot myself with it.

^^this
even w my front sight painted it sucks.

agree. guns like the BG380 really highlight how unrealistic many people are.

sometimes i hear things like "the BG380 is a POS because I could only get 2000 rds through it and then the rail broke and slide cracked."

here is a better question: "why the F*** are you shooting 2000 rds through a BG380?"

some people want a gun the size of their pinky finger and also expect it to be as reliable as a P226. no such thing. if i want to enjoy shooting 380acp, I get my P232 out of the safe and give it a spin. but an even better question is "why the F*** am I shooting 380 for fun?"

^THIS.......these are not all day range fun guns

Most of the folks I have talked to that expect miracles from "mouse gun" semi autos, j frame smiths or lcr revolvers only own one handgun......you know.....went to the gun store with that shiny brand new LTCA and got that carry gun but expected it to be dead on balls accurate, comfy to shoot all day, and be able to compete in pin shoots with it every now and then. My smith performance center 642 is becoming my absolute favorite carry gun these days......when I go to the range I put about 30 rounds through it to stay comfortable with how it points......I can hit "black" at about 20 feet rapidly emptying the 5 shot cylinder.......that is what the pocket guns are expected to do. My wife complains that the 642 stings her hand.......I've told her thats fine........if you REALY do need it you won't be worried about a little sting on you palm or breaking a nail.

Last edited:
for most of my small 9mm/380s, I work on close range drills, Mozambique etc. However for the BG380 i have a totally different strategy:

if i get attacked, i will automatically fall to the ground and yell "I can't see". in turn, the attacker will get close enough to my face that i can actually shoot them with the BG380....it's the only way to ensure that i connect with my target. [laugh2]

at the range I usually spit at the target and if I can land a good group of saliva then i know the BG380 will be suitable.

I like mine, just got one a month ago, have about 100 rounds of mixed ammo thru it with no failures. By far the easiest carrying pocket gun I've ever owned. I'm not a 380 fan but it's better to carry that than nothing in the summer.

If you slow down you can actually get pretty good with the thing. If 380 was cheaper and more available, I'd shoot it more...it's kinda fun.

Back
Top Bottom