New knife ordinance for Worcester: 1/9/2009

People's Republic of Mass, in the U.S.S.A.
Anybody catch the revision to Chapter 9 to include section 8A as of today, 1/9/2009 ?

City of Worcester an Ordinance Regulating the Possession of Knifes and Similar Weapons in the City of Worcester be it ordanined by the city council of the city of Worcester as follows:

1. Chapter nine of the revised ordinances is hereby amended by inserting the following new section 8A immediately following section 8: § 8A Possession of knives and similar weapons

(a) no person, except as otherwise provided by law, when arrested while committing a breach or disturbance of the public peace or when arrested upon a warrant for any alleged crime, is armed with or has on his person or under his control in a vehicle, any knife or cutting device of any kind or mechanical operation with a blade over two and one-half inches; or any other object or tool so redesigned, fashioned, prepared or treated that the same may be used to penetrate body armor, or to otherwise inflict bodily harm or injury to another, except:

1. when actually engaged in hunting or fishing or any employment, trade or lawful recreational or culinary activity which customarily involves the carying or use of any type of knife, or
2. in going directly to and/or returning from such activities, or
3. if the knife is being transported directly to or from a place of purchase, sharpening, or repair and if packaged in such a manner as not to allow easy access to the knife while it is being transported

(b) This section shall not apply to persons who, through entities or establishments engaged in a recognized retail or wholesale business, are involved in the sale, purchase or repair of knives for trade, sport, hobby or recreation, including without limitation persons engaged in the transportation to or from such entities or establishments. This section shall also not apply to any person who possesses either a valid class A or class B license issued under section one hundred thirty-one of chapter one hundred-forty of the General Laws.

(c) no person shall sell, give, or deliver to any person under 18 years of age any of the items listed in subsection (a). this provision shall not prohibit parents, adult siblings, and grandparents from selling, giving, or delivering such items to their children, siblings, and grandchildren.

(d) every violation of this section shall be punished by a fine of $300. Enforcement of this penalty shall be through a non-criminal sipostition as provided by G.L. c. 40 §21D or by the filing of a criminal complaint. 2. Chapter 15, section 2(b) of the revised ordinances of the city of Worcester 2008 is hereby amended by inserting the following new subsection (27) at the conclusion thereof as follows: (27) Knife Ordinance - R.O. c. 9 § 8A. Enforcing persons: Police chief penalty: $300.00 In city council january 6, 2009 passed to be ordained by a yea & nay vote of 11 yeas & 0 nays. a copy. attest: david j rushford, city clerk

Last edited:
Is there a blade size stipulation or are they going all TSA on us and calling box cutters evil?

This section shall also not apply to any person who possesses either a valid class A or class B license issued under section one hundred thirty-one of chapter one hundred-forty of the General Laws.

So now you need an LTC for a knife??? Normally this stuff makes me mad. This time I think I'm just embarrassed living here. [rolleyes]

This section shall also not apply to any person who possesses either a valid class A or class B license issued under section one hundred thirty-one of chapter one hundred-forty of the General Laws.

So now you need an LTC for a knife??? Normally this stuff makes me mad. This time I think I'm just embarrassed living here. [rolleyes]

I blinked twice when I read that also.

You know because adding more and more laws, then tighting them up more later is always going to make criminals stop being criminals. This time they will follow the law...

Can we get a vote of no confidence in Gemme and 86 his ignorant coward ass?

You know because adding more and more laws, then tighting them up more later is always going to make criminals stop being criminals. This time they will follow the law...

Can we get a vote of no confidence in Gemme and 86 his ignorant coward ass?

You've got my vote if we add Mumbles to the list.

What next??? ,,,I know!!!!!!,,,,baseball bats...unless your on a registered team that filed correctly in time and validated,authorized,incorporated, insured _baseball team...oh by the way. No sporting baseball bats...(aluminum) either..or black baseball bats..WELL if i was all of you...id organize a walk through the city with EXACTLY WHAT THEY DONT WANT...COME N TAKE IT...

So,my daughter now needs a permit to carry a f***ing knife when in Worcester.

This is embarrassing to say the least.

Oh, she can carry if she has the approved mass compliant blade lock which one cannot carry the key on their person. Key must be in a locked container at another location.[thinking]

I feel so much safer that Worcester will be collecting money from law-abiding citizens by making stupid laws that don't do anything to deter real crime. Makes me want to move from NH to Worcester! Oh man, why did I buy a house up here in knife rampant new hampshire!

This is basically like the age-old idea of "burglar tools." You can have a screwdriver, but if you have a screwdriver while you trespass, it's a burglar tool.

I note it says "when arrested." Like the police never arrest anyone who is just a bystander to some kind of fight.

Any way you look at it, 2 1/2 inches inches is not a big knife.

I also wonder about the "carry to and from" clauses. This pertains to handguns in CT under some circumstances. If you don't have a carry permit, you can own a handgun, but you can only transport it to and from a gun store or range. So, if you go to the range with your friend Joe, and swing around by Joe's house to drop him off on the way home, are you guilty of some major infraction.

This is basically like the age-old idea of "burglar tools." You can have a screwdriver, but if you have a screwdriver while you trespass, it's a burglar tool.

I note it says "when arrested." Like the police never arrest anyone who is just a bystander to some kind of fight.

Any way you look at it, 2 1/2 inches inches is not a big knife.

I also wonder about the "carry to and from" clauses. This pertains to handguns in CT under some circumstances. If you don't have a carry permit, you can own a handgun, but you can only transport it to and from a gun store or range. So, if you go to the range with your friend Joe, and swing around by Joe's house to drop him off on the way home, are you guilty of some major infraction.

you cant bring it to the range without a permit either, only "formal training"

Their goal is to make everyone a criminal except for themselves of course.
It is good for their business.

We all should be embarrased as many have pointed out. This isn't gonna stop, it's only going to get worse. We have the power as one unit to at least make a stand and be heard.
2 1/2 blades to the new M&P .45 issue...this state sucks...After working in Ohio for the past two years then walking into Four Seasons and seeing three small pistols cases filled with Mass compliant pistols I quickly said were all getting porked living here.....sorry about the rant

I said this in the other thread but it bears repeating:

The Second Amendment to the Constitution affirms the God-given right of the citizenry to keep and bear arms.

Note: Arms, not guns.

Knives are arms.

This ordinance is an affront to the Constitution of the United States.

Back
Top Bottom