New inexpensive scope for my backup deer rifle?

I recently built a 308 AR to replace my old Remington 740 that I inherited from my grandfather. I moved my Redfield Revolution 3-9 scope from that rifle to my new one. This has left my old 740 without a scope. I'd like to get something that's cheap, but functional so that I can take it to the range once in a while and have it available as a backup hunting rifle if the need arises.

I'm looking at the Nikon Buckmasters II 3-9x40. Amazon has it for under $100, and it seems to be well reviewed.

Are there any other scopes in this price range that I should consider over the Nikon? My only requirements are that it be a 1" tube so that I don't have to buy new rings, and that it be a 40mm objective. I'm not sure if a 50 would fit.

Thanks

There very few things that I can think of where the term "You get what You pay for" applies to more than glass. I have found that out the hard way several times over the years.

you could also go with a older gen luepold or even step back in time to the Japanese manufactured scopes like bushnell sport view or a older luepold VX-III 2.5x8x32 simple duplex ret.
would look right at home on a 760

Back
Top Bottom