New Hampshire Conservation Moose Plate!

J

JellyFish

http://www.mooseplate.com/

I saw that and thought some of you might be interested if you move to NH. Since we are hunters, helping conservation is a great idea. I am going to buy this plate when I get to NH. I am happy to throw a few bucks into the system to help out.

NHMooseTHANKS.jpg

Moose Plate Program Overview

The idea of the Conservation License Plate was originally put forth in 1993 by a class of fourth grade students at Holderness Central School. Read more about their perserverance in getting their idea passed into law.

In 1998, the New Hampshire General Court passed RSA 261:97-d,
which created the Conservation License Plate Program. The program is a way to supplement existing state conservation and preservation programs with additional funding through voluntary public purchases of the plate.

The conservation license plate supports the protection of critical resources in New Hampshire, from scenic lands to historic sites to wildlife. Revenues from the sale of the plate are distributed through state agencies to:

* Preserve and/or purchase significant, publicly-owned historic properties, works of art, artifacts, and archaeological sites
* Research and manage non-game wildlife species and native plant species and educate the public regarding these species
* Provide grants to counties, municipalities, and non-profits for resource conservation projects
* Expand roadside wildflower planting
* Administer the Land and Community Heritage Investment Program

The New Hampshire Conservation Number Plate Advisory Committee, a committee of legislators and staff from state agencies, oversees the design of the plate and the distribution of the plate's revenues. On a yearly basis, the Committee will report to the General Court and summarize the number of plates issued, revenues collected and the accomplishments of the program.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the kids who came up with the idea were brilliant. I love the idea of having a neat license plate while also knowing that the fee is going to preservation and conservation. It's a great deal for everybody all around.

Yeah, see the description under the graphic in the first message. Some fourth graders came up with the idea apparently. Smart little buggers. [laugh]

Some people who live in the area here have those plates on all of their cars. They also had Patrick signs all over their front yard.[wink]
The house is for sale too.

OMFG, Jon! Keep them out of NH!!! If they voted for Deval we don't want them up there. See if you can convince them to stay in MA! [wink]

Back
Top Bottom