New EOPS roster for July is out.

If there was a list they would feel more confident about fully certifying their guns here. The AG knows this
and fully hedges on the "fear of enforcement" factor to promote their anti gun agenda.
I wonder how much hassle a certain manufacturer would get from the AG if their offices we not located in MA. Maybe Glock needs rent office space here in MA as well...

MA Compliant handguns? What are those? Cant say I one, how are the triggers? ::flips off the lurkers in Martha's office::

Sent from my iPhone in the secret lair of the Supreme ruler of the ozone layer, the Dark Lord Kramdar.

OK, now that the gun I want is on the list, if my LGS doesn't have one and I see one on GunsAmerica, can I order it and have it sent to my FFL, or does it have to be a "special" MA compliant model?
Still new to this nonsense.

adacosta said:
OK, now that the gun I want is on the list, if my LGS doesn't have one and I see one on GunsAmerica, can I order it and have it sent to my FFL, or does it have to be a "special" MA compliant model?

Maybe. Depends on whether that gun has been given a thumbs down from the AG. Also note that the EOPS list is model number specific...it isn't the Awesome Blaster that is EOPS approved, it is Awesome's model number 73456 that is EOPS approved. The easiest thing to do is just call your LGS and ask about a specific auction. What they are willing to transfer is likely to vary. If you don't get the answer you want, call another LGS and see if they have a different answer...the answers will vary for a number of reasons.

Call and call and keep calling until you find one that will.

It is insane that the AG and her ass**** buddies put out such nonsense as a roster like this and make it harder for us to buy the firearm we want. A thug down the street can have a nice G17 with 33 rounds in it but we have the M&P 9mm that takes a steroid using meathead to pull the trigger. Hey Martha,
double-finger.gif

- - - Updated - - -

Keep calling different shops and you will find a dealer who doesn't care. It takes time but once you find the right gun and a dealer that will do the transfer, it will all be worth it.

adacosta said:

Read this thread again. Then read the text on the first page of the roster, the three paragraphs above the list that you obviously didn't read.

GMwhiteguy said:
I SOoooo confuse. I see Glock, But I no can have Glock? Why Martha hate me so much!

Dude, read this thread again. Read the paragraphs at the top of the roster. .

Last edited:
One FFL here in MA did go to court against Marsha, however, the state failed to appear, which resulted in some relief for that specific FFL. Theory is, the AG failed to show because the "list" would then become public.

One FFL here in MA did go to court against Marsha, however, the state failed to appear, which resulted in some relief for that specific FFL. Theory is, the AG failed to show because the "list" would then become public.
This is what I heard: May or may not be true
They tried to tell him, "pay $1,000 and we will drop the charges".
He said, "screw that, I'll see you in court!" and nobody showed up [laugh]

I think they get elected and re-elected because being pro/anti gun is of little to no concern for the typical idiot MA voter. So they can effectively choose whatever position they want without being penalized politically for it. After that it's just probabilities- some liberal douchebag running for office in one of the rotten urban core places will almost always be an anti, because that's how they roll.

-Mike

I think you're right, but I also see the tide turning. I've lost count of the previously disinterested people who have gone out and gotten LTCs since 2008. Once they start to see how labyrinthine the laws and regulations are in this state they get mad. Some of them are even getting mad enough to get involved.

OTOH, legislators get elected because people like them or think they can do them favors. Even on the national level, where Congress has about at 11% approval level, that rarely translates into tossing the bums out. I call it the "Your congressman is an a**hole, but mine is a great guy." effect.

Change in politics usually comes slowly and a lot of the people who would vote to get rid of the anti gun pols in this state are instead moving to states that are less Democrat and more gun friendly.

Okay.... not to keep drudging the topic up.... still trying to completely understand this...

So now the S&W Shield is on the EOPS roster... if there is no "list" from the AG, doesn't this mean the FFLs can start selling it until they get a cease and desist letter from the AG's office? After all, if there is no "list" and its a new handgun that has not been specifically denied before, then how would an FFL know that they are not allowed to sell it??

Seriously? Don't worry about lists. Go to your favorite dealer(s). If they have something you want buy it. You can buy anything that does not violate the AWB. You can always find someone who will sell you anything you want if you work at it.

Okay.... not to keep drudging the topic up.... still trying to completely understand this...

So now the S&W Shield is on the EOPS roster... if there is no "list" from the AG, doesn't this mean the FFLs can start selling it until they get a cease and desist letter from the AG's office? After all, if there is no "list" and its a new handgun that has not been specifically denied before, then how would an FFL know that they are not allowed to sell it??

Not exactly as that gets expensive for the dealers, disties and mfrs.

Mfr has to "self-certify" that it meets the AG Regs, send that to the Disties. I'm guessing that the Disties send a copy to their dealers as well, but don't know for certain.

So, maybe and maybe not.

I haven't seen an Email from FS yet telling us that it is "legal" and will be available as soon as S&W ships them . . . I would expect to see this type of Email if it met the AG BS.

Seriously? Don't worry about lists. Go to your favorite dealer(s). If they have something you want buy it. You can buy anything that does not violate the AWB. You can always find someone who will sell you anything you want if you work at it.

Yeah right... can't find anybody selling a Shield 9mm in Massachusetts "yet"

So now the S&W Shield is on the EOPS roster... if there is no "list" from the AG, doesn't this mean the FFLs can start selling it until they get a cease and desist letter from the AG's office?

Yes, basically, Although 99% will not do it because of the perceived risk. Most will wait until they see the approval letter from the manufacturer so they have what I call "legal toilet paper" in case of an AG inquiry, as such paper is proof that they "acted in good faith" or something to that effect.

In the past I have seen some dealers start selling guns that hit the list because they had decent intel/foreknowledge that a compliance letter was forthcoming from the manufacturer- and that if the AG ever got around to pushing the issue, by the time the chips came down they would have been covered anyways.

Talk to you dealers, and stop worrying about lists. The lists are not your problem anyways. What the dealer can get you, or not, that is the only thing you should be concerned with. Compliance is -their- problem. This is important for a few different reasons, another of which is that some dealers will not sell certain guns even if there is a compliance letter. For example there are still likely a crap ton of dealers in MA that will not sell you an HK USP .40 V1, despite the fact that it's been compliant on both tiers since last year sometime. They will bellow "No HKs are mass compliant!" (Visualize some old guy with a beard doing a bellowing, agitated old man voice saying this).

-Mike

For what it's worth, I emailed M&M's a couple days ago about the Shield and they said S&W was going on vacation for a couple weeks (really?) and hadn't sent the compliance letter yet. They're taking names for a waiting list, but didn't know when they'd have them in. I called FS and they were taking names for a waiting list as well.

Fine by me, gives me some time to save up the cash, haha.

For what it's worth, I emailed M&M's a couple days ago about the Shield and they said S&W was going on vacation for a couple weeks (really?) and hadn't sent the compliance letter yet. They're taking names for a waiting list, but didn't know when they'd have them in. I called FS and they were taking names for a waiting list as well.

Fine by me, gives me some time to save up the cash, haha.

Yes, really. S&W apparently still does what used to be standard in the manufacturing industry. They close for two weeks in the summer and most employees are on vacation. This allows for maintenance, updates, production line changes, etc... to be done with minimal disruption.

Yes, really. S&W apparently still does what used to be standard in the manufacturing industry. They close for two weeks in the summer and most employees are on vacation. This allows for maintenance, updates, production line changes, etc... to be done with minimal disruption.

Interesting, if not unfortunate timing, haha.

I can't believe this "list" thread is still going. Or all this talk about the gay Shield. Who cares. What is so special about the S&W Shield? Or the SA XDs?? Big deal. Stop talking about the LCI, and whether or not it's compliant, and just buy one. If more people did some "research" instead of starting these threads, they'd have the gay thing already with 500 rounds down the pipe.

Back
Top Bottom