• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New England Firearms??

Has anyone ever heard of them? They had a 12guage shotgun at Dicks for 199.00. It was called the Pardner protector? I was just wondering if anyone here has any experience with them?[grin]

nope but here is some background info''' it appears to be a slug gun

Ilion, NY - A close examination of the big game record books quickly reveals one strikingly consistent fact; the overwhelming majority of trophy book whitetails are found in slug-only states. Why stake the trophy of a lifetime on a shotgun designed for bird hunting? New for 2009, New England Firearms has introduced the Pardner Pump Cantilever Slug Gun.

The heavy duty cantilever mount provides a solid platform for optics and the fully rifled 22-inch barrel maximizes long range accuracy with today�s high-performance sabot slugs. The use of Ultragon™ Rifling further enhances the accuracy potential of the Pardner Pump Cantilever Slug Gun. Ultragon is a proprietary rifling design comprised of six lands and grooves without sharp edges like traditional rifling. This design imparts bullet spin without leaving sharp impressions on the sabot jacket or foster-style lead slug. The result is a better gas seal and less loss of pressure, which equals higher velocity and better accuracy. To round out this serious slug hunting combination, the Pardner Pump Slug Gun features a strong steel receiver, double action bars and a Monte Carlo-style stock in American Walnut or Black Synthetic, all at an attractive price.

Last edited:
New England Firearms makes a very solid (read that heavy) shotgun, no frills all business.

You get your moneys worth

From what I have read, you can use 870 aftermarket parts except for barrels and mag tubes.
I have one and considered buying a new one at dicks for my brother.

The protector has an 18 inch barrel and is not NEF's slug hunter. It is a solid shotgun. There is a brand new Protector in Uncle Henry's for $175.

i was told that production of some models was moved away from new england and that these guns are now made in china--hence the price.

"verified" by wikipedia btw:

wikipedia said:
Pardner Pump shotgun (manufactured by Hawk Industries Co. Ltd. in China)

Last edited:
I have these in several varieties includig, but not limited to: 22lr, .223, 17hmr, 12ga, 16ga, 20ga and .410. They are cheap, fun, well built and a blast to shoot. Buy one, they are addictive [smile]

I've got the pardner protector, got it a few months ago. Works great, good spread, and built like a tank! does not however have the ability to screw on a choke. so it's a plain open barrel. you can order longer barrels with choke capability off there website.

I have modified it with a knox stock for the rem 870 and it will fit just bout everything that will fit the 870. am very happy with the purchase.

I got my New England Pardner pump in the spring for $199.

For $199, it does what I need it to do. I wanted to get into busting clays on the cheap, and it works great for that. Several hundred rounds through it so far and no issues, i'm even a decent shot with it.

It is very heavy though, 28" barrel I believe.

They're barrels strapped to a chunk of 2x4.

Crude, reliable, last forever, and efficient.

Buy as many as you can afford.

And the 10 ga makes you feel like a man and cry like a baby.

Back
Top Bottom