new email from Belchertown Co-OP - Grain Order info

Just rec'd this email from Mary Salva at thew Belchertown Co-op:

Hello Everyone!
We did just receive a 12,000lb grain order from Montana, however we are starting to put another order together. So, if you have an order please send it along. If anyone from the last order did not receive their order, let us know. Sometimes, things get lost in the shuffle and we don't want to leave anyone without their grain.
We are also collecting orders for 60# honey pails. We need to order 36 pails in order to get the maximum discount: $90 for light, $84 for dark. Please let us know if you would be interested in that.
For those of you who use unbleached, unbromated white flour, we are able to get that from a local bakery supply house for $16 per 50# bag. Again, let us know if you would be interested.
We do have pails in stock for $4.00 each, and Gamma Seals (special twist off lid) for $5.00 each, if anyone is in need of those items.
Thanks, and we look forward to hearing from you!!
The Salva Family

The Belchertown Coop placed a bulk (tractor trailer) grain/wheat/etc order last month from Wheat Montana.

Apparently, there is enough interest in doing another order more quickly than normal, I presume. (We haven't even re-packaged what we got last month! Needless to say, it won't stop us from placing another order!!!)

Mary and family, if you see this, thank you for what you do and we'll be in touch soon.

-ed & family

ps: hikerit, we are near MVABees. I'm not sure who Mary had in mind wrt to helping xport those 36 (or more) pails to Btown, but we could certainly help if needed. We're kinda load limited with an Odyssey, not an F-350.

The Belchertown Coop placed a bulk (tractor trailer) grain/wheat/etc order last month from Wheat Montana.

Apparently, there is enough interest in doing another order more quickly than normal, I presume. (We haven't even re-packaged what we got last month! Needless to say, it won't stop us from placing another order!!!)

Mary and family, if you see this, thank you for what you do and we'll be in touch soon.

-ed & family

ps: hikerit, we are near MVABees. I'm not sure who Mary had in mind wrt to helping xport those 36 (or more) pails to Btown, but we could certainly help if needed. We're kinda load limited with an Odyssey, not an F-350.

ok kids...help me out. I have bought from Mary, and mentioned helping move stuff. I have a F-150, not a 350.

I wasn't sure who had the truck, my bad!!

I was in Socorro NM at the time the last order came in and needed to have my wife pull the kids from school that day (kindergarten & preschool, so no biggie) and make the trip out west, so I'm only repeating what my wife heard second hand.

While my family was there, either Mary or her daughter mentioned NES and bee honey and how someone on the Board had offered to help transport some out to Btown from MVABees. We're really not that far from MVABees and had my wife known, she would have helped by bring out what she could at the time. She offered to do so next we went out.

36 pails at 60# would put it into the F-250 range? (my math is terrible, so I may be overzealous on the 350 suggestion) Anyway, it is still way more than our minivan can handle. Weight aside, it might even be a squeeze for so many pails in the bed of either sized truck.

All this being said, I'll probably send her our order tomorrow night and again extend the offer as my wife did when she was there last.

-ed

If you place an order, what location do you need to go to to pick it up?

ah, I dont know how many pails I could put in it. It is an F-150, the 6 ft bed, I do have the extender thing...add another foot. We have had 4000 lbs in it before[shocked] but only for about 2 miles. What is MVAbee? If you are down by the cape or south coast area...or actually anywhere down 495 I can help you. I did just place another order, this one small. Let me know, drop me a PM.

Back
Top Bottom