Composting

My wife grew tomatoes and some other things in a garden that we filled with our compost. I was amazed at how much flavor was in the tomatoes. It was like you could taste many subtle flavors in the tomatoes.

Store bought tomato’s taste like crap.

I have one of those rotating composters.. been throwing kitchen scraps in it for about 6+ months.. not really sure what to expect as far as soil/compost.

20,000 cubic feet of free woodchips composting here all the time. Adds literally tons of nutrients to the soil and holds tons of moisture.

I have one of those rotating composters.. been throwing kitchen scraps in it for about 6+ months.. not really sure what to expect as far as soil/compost.
It will break down into rich compost. It's one of the best things you can add to a garden.

It will break down into rich compost. It's one of the best things you can add to a garden.
I've never really done it with kitchen scrap. I have a pile I toss leaves and grass clippings into..

I added some compost starter to the tumbler to get things moving along. Thinking about getting a couple of tubs of red earthworms to toss in there as well.

I've never really done it with kitchen scrap. I have a pile I toss leaves and grass clippings into..

I added some compost starter to the tumbler to get things moving along. Thinking about getting a couple of tubs of red earthworms to toss in there as well.
Years of doing my wood pile in the same spot, wood bark, chips and saw dust all have given me red worms the size of small snakes. I blows my mind how big those worms are when I uncover some damp leaves or some old bark, they are like 6-7''s long, I use that earth in the garden.

Back
Top Bottom