New Beretta APX9

I think nearly all plastic pistols are ugly... but my lord, that is hands down one of the worst.

Same. Just got used to looking at my Glocks and I'm not opposed to HKs... but mostly can't stand tupperware.

I intensely dislike the M&P and this looks like its inbred cousin with the extra chromosome. The trigger guard looks like an afterthought too. Is there a reason it's so square? Some kind of LAM it was designed specifically for? There are so many cuts, grooves and textures on this thing that it stands out in a baaaad way.

What really confuses me, is that they already have the "not terrible looking" PX4. Couldn't they just make a Striker fired slide for that?

Beretta has made some duds lately, but this one looks good. i dig the slide milling and overall design. the grip tang looks pretty high which is a plus. i'm mildly interested in both this striker gun and the CZ P10c. then again i've accepted the fact that probably nobody will build a striker gun as light and shootable as a G17/19/26.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2...w-beretta-apx-full-size-striker-fired-pistol/

under 27 oz for full size 9mm. the striker deactivation button is hokey and i can already here the tactical operators complaining. i actually think this APX looks sort of cool. definitely more interesting than a Ruger American or M&P 2.0.

Last edited:
What really confuses me, is that they already have the "not terrible looking" PX4. Couldn't they just make a Striker fired slide for that?

The px4 is ugly as sin in person and this is coming from someone who's first freestate gun was going to be one. That is until I saw it

The px4 is ugly as sin in person and this is coming from someone who's first freestate gun was going to be one. That is until I saw it

Guess we have different tastes lol. I won't hold it against you lol. Of course I'm a revolver fan myself.

I mean, as a collector, or hobbyist, sure, looks can be important, but my goodness. I didn't realize some of you guys held looks of a firearm as the most important thing ever. I think the slide looks, well, interesting. But overall it isn't the worst thing in the world. I mean come on, Glocks are some of if not thee most popular polymer framed striker fired pistol ever and that thing is ugly as sin.

Sure, but let's be realistic, it's a polymer frame striker pistol. Unless they completely screw up, it's going to be "good enough" in the reliability department. Without actually holding and shooting one, we don't have much else other than looks too go on. If it's comfortable too shoot I'd be willing to give the looks a pass, but the "Polymer Striker Pistol" market is loaded with options these days, so having questionable looks might be a problem.

Of course, it does stand out, and if lined up in a gun case will be easy to spot. Looking "different " or "interesting" might be helpful in a crowded market.

Another striker gun where the extractor looks like it might be an interchangeable part with glock, weird.

I'm a long time Beretta fan girl, but that gun doesn't do it for me. I wish they'd re-release the Cougar - I'd dearly love that one...

Back
Top Bottom