• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New AR grip for those in AWB states.

I ran across this today. It may not be pretty, but it lets you sidestep one of the defining characteristics of an "assault weapon". http://www.boargrip.com/#!products/auj5b/!/BoAR-Grip-AR-15-M4/p/61870685/category=0

373839830.jpg

Description:

Turning the Rifle Grip on Its Side

The Bi-axial offset AR (BoAR) Grip for the Modern Sporting Rifle (AR-15 / M4) is a direct replacement for the standard pistol grip. Compared with other compliant grips, the BoAR Grip provides superior comfort, safety, and functionality. With the natural punching position, the grip does not put your hand in an unnatural position and does not sit conspicuously below the receiver.

From the custom finish, to the mineral and nylon blended materials, the BoAR Grip provides for strong purchase, high maneuverability, durability, chemical resistance, and extreme comfort. The BoAR Grip design allows for single handed operation of the Selector, Magazine Release, Trigger Employment, and Muzzle Manipulation.

The BoAR grip is computer designed to give the shooter everything they need to target shoot, hunt, or compete in the shooting sports. Our commitment to Liberty, Family, Country, and Customer Service can be seen in the quality and attention to detail in our products.

Patent Pending

Features:
Does not sit conspicuously below the receiver per NY S.A.F.E act definition of a pistol grip
Nylon and Mineral infused polymer for strength and purchase
Ergonomic and Safe for full motion handling single or two handed
Limited lifetime guarantee

The description is from the SLickguns page https://www.slickguns.com/product/boar-grip-free-shipping-2999
Not my cup of tea, but I don't have to deal with the BS weight restrictions on pistols and the like. I did get quite a laugh at watching the guy in the vid. close his eyes and flinch on every shot. [laugh] In the last set of slo-mo shots he actually closes his eyes before he pulls the trigger. That guy is operator as ****! [rofl2]

Last edited by a moderator:
As retarded as that thing looks, I can appreciate the thinking outside the box mentality that went into that, and doing what one has

to do in order to do get around the rules.

Not a pistol grip! Threaded bores here I come!

In MA you can use a thumbhole or something less gay than that shit. that level of faggotry is only for NY or other states more ****ed up than mass is.

-Mike

As retarded as that thing looks, I can appreciate the thinking outside the box mentality that went into that, and doing what one has

to do in order to do get around the rules.

Ya, that is pretty much where I am with that thing.

In MA you can use a thumbhole or something less gay than that shit. that level of faggotry is only for NY or other states more ****ed up than mass is.

-Mike

For a while I toyed with the idea of designing a handguard or something that mounted to the front of the mag well that has a grip and trigger assy built in to it. Something that would essentially turn an AR into a bulpup. I shitcanned the idea once I came to the realization that there was just no way around running the linkage outside the receivers. The end result of doing it that way would probably take faggotry to a whole new level.

Blinking before the shot = crying before the nurse puts the needle in.

Everyone knows that real men cry after the nurse sticks you with the needle.

/sarc

Anyone see the irony in having "molon labe" on the dust cover? That rifle has been reduced to a rubbish. They've already taken your crap. All you have left is some monstrosity.

Anyone see the irony in having "molon labe" on the dust cover? That rifle has been reduced to a rubbish. They've already taken your crap. All you have left is some monstrosity.

No kidding. If you are going to taunt someone to "Come and take it", you should have something that you are afraid to lose.

No kidding. If you are going to taunt someone to "Come and take it", you should have something that you are afraid to lose.

Or that someone would want to take. [laugh] I can hear the JBTs sent to his house now, "Are you gonna carry that on duty? Nope. How about you? Not a chance. OK lets go to the next house maybe they will have better guns." [rofl2]

So that would dodge the CT AWB as well as NY. Well, I think I'll stick with my SKS-M that takes AK mags and is perfectly legal as-is. Actually my SKS-M is also pre-ban so I can do what I want to it anyway. No, it's not an AR but neither is that abomination. If I want an AR that badly I'll save my pennies and buy a pre-ban one and make whatever upgrades I need to. I don't want an AR that badly. Yeah, as others have said putting Molon Labe on that is retarded. Good for thinking out of the box I guess but lets put that idea back in the box please.

Looks interesting in a "think out side of the box" way... But... It looks awkward as hell. Maybe a side ways mounted motorcycle type grip with the trigger mounted more naturally.... Boris, think you can build one for us?

Looks interesting in a "think out side of the box" way... But... It looks awkward as hell. Maybe a side ways mounted motorcycle type grip with the trigger mounted more naturally.... Boris, think you can build one for us?

Seriously, you would think someone could come up with a sideways AR grip with a trigger extension that sticks out sideways and accompanying trigger guard that would be better. It wouldn't even have to be at a 90 degree angle. The CT AWB says this about pistol grips and I think NY is similar (not sure though):

"any grip of the weapon, including a pistol grip, thumbhole stock, or other stock that would allow an individual to grip the weapon, resulting in any finger on the trigger hand in addition to the trigger finger being directly below any portion of the action of the weapon when firing;"

Notice how it says "directly below any portion of the action" so if the grip is offset a few degrees it would no longer be directly below the action. Heck, even if it were offset by about 30 degrees you could probably still pull the trigger normally and your hand would not be anywhere near directly under the action. Not sure they felt the need to go all the way to 90 degrees.

I did get quite a laugh at watching the guy in the vid. close his eyes and flinch on every shot. [laugh] In the last set of slo-mo shots he actually closes his eyes before he pulls the trigger. That guy is operator as ****! [rofl2]

I was about to ask, WTF was he shooting to violently flinch/get pushed back by recoil like that?? A .223 AR isn't that hard to control lol maybe I missed something.

I was under the impression that the CT ban specifically listed "AR-15 type rifles", which kills all AR's regardless of these crazy mods. The NY ban is still based on 'evil features', which this addresses.

I think that the anti's are learning, and that there won't be many more bans based on features. They will just list AR and AK variants and eliminate them all.

What if the pistol grip wasn't attached to the rifle? I'm thinking of a sawed off grip, where the stump on the rifle has a dowel hole in the bottom. The user has the rest of the grip, maybe sewn into a glove, and they insert it into the stump for shooting. When you let go, the grip comes away with your hand.

Still stupid and impractical though.

-Mike

I haven't thought about it much but when I look at pictures of AR15 thumb hole stocks, I find it hard to believe that they would fly in Mass. None of them are like a rifle stock, they are just a pistol grip that is connected from the bottom of the grip to the stock.

What if the pistol grip wasn't attached to the rifle? I'm thinking of a sawed off grip, where the stump on the rifle has a dowel hole in the bottom. The user has the rest of the grip, maybe sewn into a glove, and they insert it into the stump for shooting. When you let go, the grip comes away with your hand.

Still stupid and impractical though.

in order to be detachable the gloves would need to be preban.

I don't think this would fly legally in mass. And, how do you rotate the grip 90 degrees without rotating the trigger 90 degrees?

You don't. That's why the post you are referencing mentions the grip having a trigger and guard built in to it. Picture holding a handgun "gamgsta" style. All fingers pointing down.

Back
Top Bottom