• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New AR grip for those in AWB states.

Looks interesting in a "think out side of the box" way... But... It looks awkward as hell. Maybe a side ways mounted motorcycle type grip with the trigger mounted more naturally.... Boris, think you can build one for us?

Yes.

Keep the grip to the right side, then add a trigger jutting out to the right side, and the mag well out the right side, angle the stock 90 degrees, put the ejection port on top, but mount the sights out the left side...

Oh. Wait.

That's a rifle.

You're not gonna make it here. [rofl]

My first thought exactly. [laugh] If there is one thing I regret about the move. It's that I moved to the land of delicate sensibilities. I have tapped yet unknown levels of control and self restraint since moving here. Still every once in a while I just want to grab someone by the shirt and scream, "I wanna **** Jesus in his hand hole." -Mendez OITNB [rofl2]

I love that character! Ah what the hell... Four your amusement and absolutely NOT SAFE FOR WORK, the best of Mendez...

BTW. This isn't thread jacking. Cuz it's my thread bitches!!! [rofl2]

Last edited by a moderator:
I was under the impression that the CT ban specifically listed "AR-15 type rifles", which kills all AR's regardless of these crazy mods. The NY ban is still based on 'evil features', which this addresses.

I think that the anti's are learning, and that there won't be many more bans based on features. They will just list AR and AK variants and eliminate them all.

That did come to mind but I did not have time to research that aspect of it. I know CT lists a host of specific AR type rifles and they make mention of clones or identical copies but wasn't sure how far that reached regarding similar rifles but not direct copies/clones since I'm not an AR guy. I know with the AK it has gone to court and they ruled that if it uses an AK-47 style action it's a no-no. Basically if it can swap out key components like the bolt it is considered an AK-47 and banned or some such madness. It would stand to reason they would apply the same "logic" to ARs I guess.

It was .50 Beowulf

Hey guys I am one of the co-creators of the BoAR, and I saw you discussing it. We got a really good chuckle. First off, that is me in the video, and I am not operator as anything, but I do love my 2A rights and don't want to go to jail, so that's why we designed this. One thing you guys missed, and the reason I am flinching so much, is that on the first shot, the charging handle retention spring failed on the 50 Beowulf and I was getting slammed in the nose with the charging handle (plus as stated, not very operator). We built this specifically for NY (we are NY based) so we can't talk to the legality in MA CT etc. We didn't get lost in the irony of the molon labe dust cover, but who the heck wants to replace that just for a video (seriously those little springs and big hands). Great forum, hopefully we'll have some products for the rest of New England and the country soon. - Morgan

C'mon man you're a mod...should be above this kinda shit

I've never met the man nor do I feel the need to suck up to any mod but...

That fact that he is a mod and can talk (write) like the rest of us speaks volumes. That piece looks like shit plain and simple and nothing anybody says is going to change that.

YivldnC.gif

Exactly

Hey guys I am one of the co-creators of the BoAR, and I saw you discussing it. We got a really good chuckle. First off, that is me in the video, and I am not operator as anything, but I do love my 2A rights and don't want to go to jail, so that's why we designed this. One thing you guys missed, and the reason I am flinching so much, is that on the first shot, the charging handle retention spring failed on the 50 Beowulf and I was getting slammed in the nose with the charging handle (plus as stated, not very operator). We built this specifically for NY (we are NY based) so we can't talk to the legality in MA CT etc. We didn't get lost in the irony of the molon labe dust cover, but who the heck wants to replace that just for a video (seriously those little springs and big hands). Great forum, hopefully we'll have some products for the rest of New England and the country soon. - Morgan

Thanks for info and thank you for doing anything you can to let people keep shooting. With this kind of inavative thinking I look forward to seeing more products from you. (And don't forget to have a thick skin on here)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I feel so sorry for gun owners in NY at what they have to turn their beautiful ARs into... this is good motivation for us MA residents to not be complacent, or we'll end up having to resort to fugly mods like this.

[rofl2] Awesome! +1 for being a good sport. We definitely appreciate anyone working to endrun those retarded laws. If you ever find yourself in SC shoot me a PM I'll buy you a few beers and we can shoot on my range.

-Chad

It's great to see people who stand up for their product. Keep it up. It's also nice to see creators actively searching for feedback. Obviously you won't get the full spectrum on NES but at least you're seeing a little bit of it. Don't stop innovating, you're doing way more than everyone here.

Can't figure out the ergonomics of it. How the heck do you engage the trigger with your hand sideways? Video says its been deleted and I can't find it online anywhere.

Khactus, like I said, good for thinking out of the box and trying to provide folks in NY with a way to own ARs. I just don't get the 90 degree angle of the grip rather than something less extreme like 30 degrees where you could get a more normal trigger finger position. What made you go all the way to 90 degrees if I may ask?

The FRS is still the best featureless AR grip I've seen/used. I guess it's not ideal if you're really fond of your buttstock, but it's completely usable as a normal rifle unlike these other stubby little grips.

Khactus, like I said, good for thinking out of the box and trying to provide folks in NY with a way to own ARs. I just don't get the 90 degree angle of the grip rather than something less extreme like 30 degrees where you could get a more normal trigger finger position. What made you go all the way to 90 degrees if I may ask?

Hey guys, very kind words. If you look at this video https://youtu.be/hcnVKm0wpW8 you will see a the end the trigger engagement. If any of you have kids that have an xbox 360 it is the same motion. You are approaching it at somewhat of a downward angle, but it is very natural. The hump on the grip puts your palm swell up higher than where your pinky is, thereby putting your trigger finger at about 40 degrees to the trigger (compared with 80 - 90 with pistol grip). There is no overreach or anything unnatural about the way you approach it (unless you normally pull like a shotgun). I'll try and post more video this weekend.

Hey guys, very kind words. If you look at this video https://youtu.be/hcnVKm0wpW8 you will see a the end the trigger engagement. If any of you have kids that have an xbox 360 it is the same motion. You are approaching it at somewhat of a downward angle, but it is very natural. The hump on the grip puts your palm swell up higher than where your pinky is, thereby putting your trigger finger at about 40 degrees to the trigger (compared with 80 - 90 with pistol grip). There is no overreach or anything unnatural about the way you approach it (unless you normally pull like a shotgun). I'll try and post more video this weekend.

You should make it look like a nut sack for the giggles .

Last edited:
I've never met the man nor do I feel the need to suck up to any mod but...

That fact that he is a mod and can talk (write) like the rest of us speaks volumes. That piece looks like shit plain and simple and nothing anybody says is going to change that.

He's cool shit. I got shit faced at a meet and was trying to get piggy back rides from people I didn't know . He just sat laughing at me smoking a cigar.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom