New AK trigger

The Goose

NES Member
I posted some photos of my WASR-10 project in the gallery section already, but yesterday I finally finished it up. I installed a Red Star Arms adjustable trigger group in it. Man, what a great trigger. It is adjustable for either a single stage or double stage pull. I kept mine as it came with a double stage and about a 4 lb final pull. What s difference. It took a bit of work and a few tries, but I can now really say that I understand how this particular trigger works. I also got Red Star's metal retaining clip that replaces the shepherd hook wire retainer. At $12.99 this makes assembly a hell of a lot easier. I highly recommend this trigger. It is more expensive then the Tapco, but well worth. My WASR-10 is now a real shooter, as well as, a SHTF rifle.

So to recoup: New stock that is 1.25" longer, Ergo Contoured Padded Pistol Grip,UltiMak gas tube replacement w/rail, Red Star adjustable trigger group and metal retainer clip. Scope is Aimpoint CompC SM.

Ultimaks002.jpg

Goose,
How do you like the Ultimak and the aimpoint? I have been giving
a lot of thought to setting my Mak90 up with an ultimak and an
eotech. How hot does the gas tube get, and does that transfer to
the optic?

Thanks,
F

Hi Goose. Nice AK. Where did you end up buying the trigger. I've been thinking of getting a new trigger for my SAR-1 and the one you got sounds like a good place to start. Anything has to be better then the trigger in the rifle now. Trigger slap hurts like hell.

Hi Goose. Nice AK. Where did you end up buying the trigger. I've been thinking of getting a new trigger for my SAR-1 and the one you got sounds like a good place to start. Anything has to be better then the trigger in the rifle now. Trigger slap hurts like hell.

One solution...
Trigger slap fix

I've never used the 2-stage trigger that the OP has, but the Tapco G2 trigger sets are a vast improvement over the supplied Century Arms units.

+1 on the Red Star FCG retaining clip... it makes reassembly much easier.

I put about 200 rds through my MAK 90 which also has an Ultimak. I puposely fired fairly rapidly just to test it out. The barrel was so hot that it burned my hand when I touched it by mistake. The UltiMak and optics were fine. I like the UltiMak very much.

Goose,
How do you like the Ultimak and the aimpoint? I have been giving
a lot of thought to setting my Mak90 up with an ultimak and an
eotech. How hot does the gas tube get, and does that transfer to
the optic?

Thanks,
F

I got the trigger at www.redstararms.com. If you go that route do yourself a favor and get the retaining clip. Seriously!

I just installed a G2 trigger on my WASR today and a recoil buffer. I can't wait to hit the range and see the difference. The previous trigger definitely hurt like hell. My finger would go numb after like 4 shots.

Back
Top Bottom