New Addition

dreppucci007

NES Member
Picked up my newest addition on Friday afternoon at FS...I've been looking for a decent 22 Target Pistol. Went with the
Smith & Wesson 22A-1...I put 200 rounds through it last night and love it!

SmithWesson22A.jpg

I'd like to join a league someday, but truthfully right now, I don't have the time with my busy schedule...I barely have time to go and shoot recreationally.

Yes, the wood is very nice...it fits my hand very well.

Yeah, it was only $315 at Four Seasons...Carl special ordered it for me. I also considered the Ruger Mark III, but I wasn't a fan of the grip, and it was more expensive! The S&W is also very nicely balanced. It's really a pleasure to shoot.

I got an S&W 22A and I don't like the grip, I didn't know they had a wood grip for it. Also the magazine release is in the middle front of the grip -- you can tend to drop the magazine by accident when you squeeze the trigger.

Mine is at S&W for service after a piece of metal broke off inside the slide -- but I got it used so I don't know what might have been done with it before.

The wood grip was one of the major deciding factors...I held the 22A with the rubber grip, and wasn't impressed. I held one and shot one with the wood, and fell in love. The wood grip really makes a difference.

Back
Top Bottom