New Acquisitions for September 2009!

Early 80's Colt SP1.
Sp1-4.jpg

NICE!!! I had to look in my safe to make sure i did not sell mine or it was stolen..just kiddin, it was just an excuse to fondle the toys again.[smile][wink]

I posted this in General, because I was excited about an off roster gun I bought tonight from a LEO who took real good care of it since it was new a year ago. He got it all broken in for me, and I can't wait to shoot it tomorrow.[smile]

Just under the wire for September.[wink]

And for anyone who is interested, Massachusetts has approved a Massachusetts version of the PM9, which will have a locking safety, a loaded chamber indicator and a hidden second serial number. It won't be exactly like this PM9 I got tonight, but it should be a decent gun. Can't tell you what the trigger will be like, but this one I bought has a nice long smooth clean trigger break.

So here's a quick pic of what I got.

Did I mention that this gun is even smaller than my pocket J frames? Nice!

KahrPM9.jpg

Last edited:
I posted this in General, because I was excited about an off roster gun I bought tonight from a LEO who took real good care of it since it was new a year ago. He got it all broken in for me, and I can't wait to shoot it tomorrow.[smile]

Just under the wire for September.[wink]

And for anyone who is interested, Massachusetts has approved a Massachusetts version of the PM9, which will have a locking safety, a loaded chamber indicator and a hidden second serial number. It won't be exactly like this PM9 I got tonight, but it should be a decent gun. Can't tell you what the trigger will be like, but this one I bought has a nice long smooth clean trigger break.

So here's a quick pic of what I got.

Did I mention that this gun is even smaller than my pocket J frames? Nice!

KahrPM9.jpg

Very nice. I really like my PM9.

On the MA version, it'll be very interesting to see what happens with it. When the first M&P45 was released in MA, it had a 6lb trigger and thumb safety but then the AG got their panties bunched about it.

If Kahr puts a 10lb trigger on the PM9, that's going to be horrible on such a small gun.

I agree with you there. For a moment I though that gun was a spoof because the loaded chamber indicator looks like a tape dispenser.

The indicator I could live with but I think I'd try to use some steel wool on the stupid warning.

sorry for the noob question, but that kahr isnt meant to be carried with the safety on is it? looks backwards and cumbersome to disengage

A lot of firearms have the safety setup like that (S&W 3 gen autos, M9/92FS, etc.). I agree, it's backwards.

sorry for the noob question, but that kahr isnt meant to be carried with the safety on is it? looks backwards and cumbersome to disengage

No double action handgun is supposed to be carried with the safety on. On double action/single action handguns, the safety is meant to be used as a decocker. On double action only semi autos such as Kahrs, the mere existance of the safety is a concession to idiotic laws and regulations such as those of Massachusetts.

No double action handgun is supposed to be carried with the safety on. On double action/single action handguns, the safety is meant to be used as a decocker. On double action only semi autos such as Kahrs, the mere existance of the safety is a concession to idiotic laws and regulations such as those of Massachusetts.

The Kahr isn't really double action. It's a striker fired gun and the striker is preloaded just like a Glock. There are other striker fired guns (not sold in MA or CA) that have a safety. The XD and M&P are both available with thumb safeties.

Back
Top Bottom