New Acquisitions for September 2008!

DSC00039.jpg

Fred,
It was nice meeting you at the car shoot.
Me and my brother were to your left on the firing line.

Where did you find this piece? It's amazing

Fred,
It was nice meeting you at the car shoot.
Me and my brother were to your left on the firing line.

Where did you find this piece? It's amazing

I found this gun on the INTERNET is was made as a custom gun to be a heirloom to be passed down in the family.

The owner had some issues before he could take ownership of the gun.

He then asked the gunsmith to sell it.

The rest is history!!

This is the gunsmith http://jrhgunmaker.com/main.html

DSC00038.jpg

DSC00039.jpg

DSC00040.jpg

DSC00041.jpg

DSC00042.jpg

And it was good to meet both of you.

Fred

Last edited:
My hedge for the upcoming election:
DSC00722sm.jpg

Parts kits came in today for the 3 unfinished receivers, one kit needs to go back as the bolt catch is slightly twisted and won't fit into the receiver groove. Meantime I've pinned a few stocks and need to start thinking about some upper builds.

Last edited:
The lowers are Essential Arms, got them through our friends at America's Armed in Milford. Nice place, good people and very reasonable pricing. I've built an EA lower before and have no complaints about the quality, nor have I read or heard of any problems with their product..

The way I see it even if the Obamanatron doesn't get elected, it never hurts to have a few extra lowers around.

I found this gun on the INTERNET is was made as a custom gun to be a heirloom to be passed down in the family.

The owner had some issues before he could take ownership of the gun.

He then asked the gunsmith to sell it.

The rest is history!!

This is the gunsmith http://jrhgunmaker.com/main.html

DSC00039.jpg

Fred

That is a seriously nice gun. Holy cow.

Is it such a good idea to post pictures of those lowers? They are brand new lowers, with collapsing stocks on them, in MA... Just sayin'.

--EasyD
Attention all .gov lurkers: The photo was taken in a free state. The adjustable stocks are made of paper. The completed lower has a pinned stock, only it's on the bottom where you can't see it. All the others are epoxied internally. The picture is a clever photoshop using bubblegum, twine and old socks.

I refuse to be intimidated by the prospect of "thoughtcrime".

Anyhow, I have to give a big +1 to customer service at MidwayUSA, I sent them an email about the defective bolt catch and asked if I needed to send back the entire LRPK or just the catch, within 90 minutes I had an email response telling me a replacement catch was on the way, n/c.

Attention all .gov lurkers: The photo was taken in a free state. The adjustable stocks are made of paper. The completed lower has a pinned stock, only it's on the bottom where you can't see it. All the others are epoxied internally. The picture is a clever photoshop using bubblegum, twine and old socks.

I refuse to be intimidated by the prospect of "thoughtcrime".

Anyhow, I have to give a big +1 to customer service at MidwayUSA, I sent them an email about the defective bolt catch and asked if I needed to send back the entire LRPK or just the catch, within 90 minutes I had an email response telling me a replacement catch was on the way, n/c.

Didn't you just lose all of those lowers in a deep sea boating accident earlier today anyway? [wink]

Went to ZHA to possibly pick up one gun and came out with two.

First up is a Ruger P90 in .45 acp. Sorry for the crappy picture I am still working on those skills.

RugerP90.jpg

Secondly a Taurus PT 58 S in .380 auto.

TaurusPT58S.jpg

septgun.jpg

wiskie762 ~ Nice looking acquisition. Can you give a little more info on it like barrel length; does scope come with it; who makes it and what’s the model; about what do they retail for? It looks like you could put a couple boxes of ammo in the stock. I don’t think I’ve seen one in my travels. Thanks.

Pretty sure it is one of these: http://www.hr1871.com/Firearms/ShotgunsAndRifles/survivor.asp

H&R/NEF Survivor.

S&W M&P 9c, picked it up today from an NES'er...went right to the range...love it! Perfect carry gun. I will search Greg Derr for the old trigger job and knock that mass compliant pull down a bit!!

DSC01207.jpg

Holster, 4 mags, all original paperwork and case...like brand spanking new!

S&W M&P 9c, picked it up today from an NES'er...went right to the range...love it! Perfect carry gun. I will search Greg Derr for the old trigger job and knock that mass compliant pull down a bit!!

Holster, 4 mags, all original paperwork and case...like brand spanking new!

excellent pick up!

i love my 9c[smile]

Got these buckles in a yard sale recently.

nrabuckles%20800x383.jpg

Anyone know what the NRA Golden Eagles are and how old the buckle is?

https://www.nrahq.org/givejoinhelp/GE/index.asp

COLLECTOR'S EDITION BELT BUCKLE
Produced by some of the nation's most highly regarded metal workers, each year's limited-edition belt buckle depicts a different scene featuring an American Eagle. Your buckle can be worn every day, on special occasions or collected and displayed. After a small run of these special buckles is produced for Golden Eagles, the die is broken, guaranteeing their "limited-edition" status and long term value.

septgun.jpg

wiskie762 ~ Nice looking acquisition. Can you give a little more info on it like barrel length; does scope come with it; who makes it and what’s the model; about what do they retail for? It looks like you could put a couple boxes of ammo in the stock. I don’t think I’ve seen one in my travels. Thanks.

its an NEF (newengland firearms) now H&R has a 20" barrell and i bought it used. it shoots a 357 mag. after reading the manufacturer website i can send the reciever in and have them fit a barrel in just about any caliber they offer.

i have opened the stock and it looks like you could store some gear in it but i dont think you could fit a box of ammo. they put a divider running down the middle. i picked this up used for 175.00

Juergen,

NICE ! Details please..........................

Springfield M1A NM of 1989 '#047xxx w/ 4 mags, bipod, scope mount, web and leather slings.
Bought it from a collector who's thinning the herd due to age/health.
Unfortunately I'll have a chance to shoot it only in early October.
The market over here is dry of M1A'a as Uncle Sam seems to establish
any road block possible to exports; prices are skyrocketing

Got these buckles in a yard sale recently.

nrabuckles%20800x383.jpg

Anyone know what the NRA Golden Eagles are and how old the buckle is?

Nice pick-up. That would look nice set up as a convesation piece somewhere, or on a shooting box.

Found this Pilgrim:

NRA Golden Eagles

The battle to preserve our Constitutional Freedoms has been led by great Generals like Washington, Grant, Eisenhower and Patton, and past presidents such as Thomas Jefferson, Abraham Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt and Ronald Reagan.

Within the National Rifle Association there have also been great leaders dedicated to protecting our nation's freedoms, especially our Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms.

The NRA created the Golden Eagles to unite our most active and loyal grassroots members and focus their energy and experience to form a strong leadership group.

Golden Eagles use their experience to help the NRA reach out to our fellow gun owners and freedom-loving Americans to enlist them in our struggle to protect freedom.

Golden Eagles sponsor NRA programs such as our award winning Eddie Eagle safety education program for youngsters, our hunter training programs and family events like our "Friends of NRA" gatherings.

These programs instill in our nation's youth the values and traditions held dear by life-long gun owners. These programs also help unite gun owners as a "community" to counter anti-gun media bias and non-stop anti-gun propaganda from the gun ban lobby.

Golden Eagles touch the lives of millions of gun owners every year through the NRA programs they make possible.

To strengthen the Golden Eagles, we need patriotic NRA members who feel they are ready to assume a more prominent role in our cause, to come forward and join this unique group.

Golden Eagles membership includes many special benefits, plus a full year of regular NRA membership.

Of course, Golden Eagle membership is not for everyone. It requires a high level of commitment above and beyond normal NRA membership.

Golden Eagles dues are $200 per year, paid in one lump sum or four equal installments of $50 within a twelve month period.

If you are ready to make a commitment to help lead the NRA's grassroots effort, call toll-free 800-421-4NRA.

For more information, call toll free 800-421-4NRA or email [email protected].

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom