WOA 18" SPR barrel
Rainier Arms low profile NM gas block
Rifle length gas tube
JP XL free float hand guard
Young Mfg. chrome BCG
BCE BattleComp 1.0 matte stainless
LMT charging handle

Supa-Sexy!
I love the Battlecomp now. I rock the 1.5 on a 14.5in BCM middy. It is sweet.
I had the oppertunity to shoot it at night too. (moonless night) The flash is SWEET, it looks like a round ball over the muzzle.

You have fine taste.

Started collecting piece by piece last Christmas, here's where I'm at:

d05a7096.jpg

2e87a312.jpg

6eb1d4d2.jpg

DSA M4 flat top upper
WOA 18" SPR barrel
Rainier Arms low profile NM gas block
Rifle length gas tube
JP XL free float hand guard
Young Mfg. chrome BCG
BCE BattleComp 1.0 matte stainless
LMT charging handle

[smile] Thanks guys! I'm DIEING to shoot it!!

Waiting for my Daniel Defense LPK, then I'll just need a stock, (oh and optics) and lots & lots of ammo! [mg]

I think you'll be pleased with the WOA barrel and Battlecomp. I know I am. Cleaning the BCG is nice also.

I think you'll be pleased with the WOA barrel and Battlecomp. I know I am. Cleaning the BCG is nice also.

I'm looking forward to it, I'm thinking about putting my Sightron 3-9 on top and popping it on to my Dad's Bushmaster lower just to get some rounds through it next weekend.

Also wanted to say a big thanks to the guys at Zero Hour Arms, I took it everything out to their shop to have the brake pinned, had them assemble the upper too. Very nice and helpful group of guys, quick turn around and great price!

Thanks the other one I am either going to keep as spare parts or chop the barrel down to 16 inches and have one with a shorter barrel, I haven't decided yet.

Nice!

...what are you going to do with the other one? [devil]

just got a kit myself that's about to get sent off to TT...

IMG_1153.jpg

It's a kit that makes me cry a little because the "molested" original receiver stub has the Israeli acceptance marks of a capture rifle... that's some neat history right there.

This this the wife's Mother's Day/ Anniversary gift

edc8f431.jpg

Savage 93R17 BSEV with a Mueller APV scope

I got the wrong rings, and no one around had the raised silver in stock but I wanted to give it to her today

This this the wife's Mother's Day/ Anniversary gift

edc8f431.jpg

Savage 93R17 BSEV with a Mueller APV scope

I got the wrong rings, and no one around had the raised silver in stock but I wanted to give it to her today

Woah, nice piece there. Talk about free-floating... [grin]

I just inherited a Winchester Model 55 in .22 S, L, and LR. Shot it twice after a quick cleaning this afternoon it shot just as accurate as it did 40 years ago, according to my father anyway. It's a nice little plinkster [smile]

And the follow up to my previous post:
7a3008c1.jpg

Daniel Defense LPK came in the mail today, installed it after work tonight. Did it myself with just a hammer and flat punch, took about an hour or so, surprisingly easy.

One of my new acquisitions this month. Picked it up on Sat at ZHA. The Surefirex400 is new, too, as of last month. I bought it for an AR15 SBR build I'm doing, but decided to throw it on the Steyr today to try it out.

Steyr M9-A1
Steyr-M9A1_0010.jpg

Steyr-M9A1_0001.jpg

Steyr-M9A1_0003.jpg

John... Nice M9-A1... how do you like it so far (besides the initial FTE issue)? Ergonomics? Trigger? How does it compare to your G17? I've always been curious about those Steyrs. [grin]

Oh, and of course, nice pitchers [smile]

Just got this scope. Had a cheap Centerpoint 4-16x40 on it and replaced it with this Nikon Monarch 8-32x50ED SF. Can't wait to test it out at the range.

6aee0735.jpg

John... Nice M9-A1... how do you like it so far (besides the initial FTE issue)? Ergonomics? Trigger? How does it compare to your G17? I've always been curious about those Steyrs. [grin]

Oh, and of course, nice pitchers [smile]

Well, if the FTE issue has well and truly fixed itself, then mechanically I love it. I love the controls, the ease of takedown, the trigger pull, the break, the sights. The only thing I don't love is the trigger reset, it could be a bit more positive like my G17c. Oh, also, the magazines are kind of crappy, I don't know what gives with them. The baseplates rattle and they just generally feel cheap.

As for ergonomics... I'm still on the fence. I think the grip might be a tad too skinny for me, it feels pretty small in my hand. When I'm shooting my G17c I don't even think about my grip at all, but when shooting the M9 I found myself adjusting my hand quite a bit. Not sure why yet, though. You choke up really high on this gun and the slide is super low profile compared to a glock or especially a Sig. Sometimes I feel like I'm ape-hanging the gun because I hold it noticeably higher than I'm used to holding pistols. The feel of the build quality and materials of the gun itself is all top notch.

Overall, I'm glad I bought it and will be shooting it a lot more, but I still like my G17c better.

I would like to see and try out that pistol if you don't mind. [grin]

Not at all, I'll bring it for sure. It's good enough that it will always be standard range equipment from now on. Plus I'm not going to be convinced the extraction problem is gone until I've got 1000 rounds through it.

The scope is touching the barrel. I need to mount it a bit higher

Oh OK. I thought it was just very close to barrel. I try to get all my scopes as close as possible, sometimes to the point of having to cut the bottoms off of the scope caps. But touching is obviously a no-no. Looks spiffy tho!

Well, if the FTE issue has well and truly fixed itself, then mechanically I love it. I love the controls, the ease of takedown, the trigger pull, the break, the sights. The only thing I don't love is the trigger reset, it could be a bit more positive like my G17c. Oh, also, the magazines are kind of crappy, I don't know what gives with them. The baseplates rattle and they just generally feel cheap.

As for ergonomics... I'm still on the fence. I think the grip might be a tad too skinny for me, it feels pretty small in my hand. When I'm shooting my G17c I don't even think about my grip at all, but when shooting the M9 I found myself adjusting my hand quite a bit. Not sure why yet, though. You choke up really high on this gun and the slide is super low profile compared to a glock or especially a Sig. Sometimes I feel like I'm ape-hanging the gun because I hold it noticeably higher than I'm used to holding pistols. The feel of the build quality and materials of the gun itself is all top notch.

Overall, I'm glad I bought it and will be shooting it a lot more, but I still like my G17c better.

Thanks for the mini review... good stuff.

Here is my Glock 34 with Trijicon night sights and 3 17rd mags from MFLR. Im going to have the extended mag release swapped out for a standard one next week (no love for lefties). I can't wait to get it to the range this week.

Glock001.jpg

Glock34-1.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom