New Acquisitions for May 2011

327 2"

ffa74066.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
There's only one way to resolve this.

Everyone - go buy a gun this weekend! Do it!

Well, I did my part!
DSC_7009.jpg

Took a pilgrimage to Four Seasons today and grabbed this, an M&P 9mm, full size, with the kit (includes a third mag, uplula loader, dual mag holster and a blade-tech holster). Haven't shot it yet, I plan on going out tomorrow to give it a go. I was excited to find that the mag release can be flipped to the opposite side of the gun, to facilitate use by those of us who shoot with the proper hand. I also excited by the cost of 9mm at FS...two boxes of Remington UMC cost me less than what I regularly pay for .45, and about what I usually pay for .38. I've got a lefty holster on the way, I hope to get out and shoot some IDPA with it this year.

[cheers] Very nice. Don't forget the APEX parts, and the follower mods. 44mag.com has 10-rd mags in stock now, they seem to be hard to find lately.

I'm going to run in stock, for a bit. I need to let cash reserves build back up before I can burn the hundred bucks on the APEX stuff. Would you recommend the Competition version, or is the Tactical one good enough?
I've got three mags, which is enough to get by with, for now. 44mag actually has the best prices on the magazines that I've seen..I might grab one. It's odd that everyone seems to be out of the 10 round magazines. I wonder if S&W is getting ready to roll out a new version or something, maybe in response to the follower issues. If that's the case...I'll be bugging them for new followers. We can only hope, right?

I'm going to run in stock, for a bit. I need to let cash reserves build back up before I can burn the hundred bucks on the APEX stuff. Would you recommend the Competition version, or is the Tactical one good enough?
I've got three mags, which is enough to get by with, for now. 44mag actually has the best prices on the magazines that I've seen..I might grab one. It's odd that everyone seems to be out of the 10 round magazines. I wonder if S&W is getting ready to roll out a new version or something, maybe in response to the follower issues. If that's the case...I'll be bugging them for new followers. We can only hope, right?

It depends what you want to use it for. I have an APEX competition kit in my 9L that I use for competition only. My full size and compact have trigger jobs that are heavier. Anything will be better than the MA trigger. You're welcome to try mine.

There seems to be either a run on mags or a supply problem. The regular capacity ones seem to be in short supply as well. You can get by with 3 for IDPA, 4 will be easier.

It depends what you want to use it for. I have an APEX competition kit in my 9L that I use for competition only. My full size and compact have trigger jobs that are heavier. Anything will be better than the MA trigger. You're welcome to try mine.

There seems to be either a run on mags or a supply problem. The regular capacity ones seem to be in short supply as well. You can get by with 3 for IDPA, 4 will be easier.

Thanks, I'll have to take you up on that. I got the gun basically due to the cheaper ammunition than my .45s, range trips are getting pricey, and I'm planning on doing competitions, and buying piles of factory .45 is murder.

No gun this month (so far....), but I got this one off fleebay today.
Leica Televid 77 (not the APO) spotting scope w/ angled eyepiece.
The eyepiece coming with it is a 32x wide angle and I have started
looking for a 20-60x variable for the range.
3fd80f92.jpg

Well, I picked this up last month but finally got around to taking pictures. WWII production National Post Meter M1 carbine. It's one of the reimports from Israel that SOG is selling right now. She's definitely been used and the wood has shrunk over the years so that the receiver kind of rattles around in there, but fits me beautifully and puts very respectable groups on paper dead center with no adjustment to the sights. I'm a happy camper. [smile]

P5080408.jpg

P5080410.jpg

P5080414.jpg

P5080415.jpg

Picked up a H&R 676 this weekend. Its in great shape, and came with the .22LR and .22WMR cylinders. The cylinders and barrel are blued, and the frame is case colored. Serial # dates to 1978. I'll take better pictures later. Cool little gun. I can't wait to shoot some .22WMR out of it.

IMG00127-20110508-1618.jpg

IMG00126-20110508-1618.jpg

No gun this month (so far....), but I got this one off fleebay today.
Leica Televid 77 (not the APO) spotting scope w/ angled eyepiece.
The eyepiece coming with it is a 32x wide angle and I have started
looking for a 20-60x variable for the range.
3fd80f92.jpg

Very nice. I need to get a spotting scope but I'm thinking a Leica is probably not in the cards.

OK OK, I'm sorry, but it is called "New Acquisitions" so I figured car was fair game. But, to make up for that, I picked this HK P7 up on Tuesday (german gun to go with german car?):

hkp7.jpg

Nice! I picked up an identical one from GFA Armstech (SUPER guys) a week or so ago... My P7M13 I got from the Wilmington show was getting lonely [laugh] Super deal on it too, and it's in pristine condition... I couldn't pass it up.

Nice Nicole. Sometimes you can swap out the handguard and get rid of the rattle. Most M1s are such mixmasters that the armory just slaps on whatever parts are on top of the pile. They are great rifles. though, and super fun to shoot. I might have a few extra handguards you can try if you would like. Shoot me a PM and I can give them to Chris C. I'm sure he is going to head down your way sometime soon.

Ash

Well, I picked this up last month but finally got around to taking pictures. WWII production National Post Meter M1 carbine. It's one of the reimports from Israel that SOG is selling right now. She's definitely been used and the wood has shrunk over the years so that the receiver kind of rattles around in there, but fits me beautifully and puts very respectable groups on paper dead center with no adjustment to the sights. I'm a happy camper. [smile]

P5080408.jpg

P5080410.jpg

P5080414.jpg

P5080415.jpg

Picked this up over the weekend. It's an an all original Norinco 56S-1.

Ugh... every time I see a Norinco AK underfolder it reminds me of the 84S-1 I sold off years ago. Still makes me sick to my stomach. Stupid Stupid Stupid.

You have a BEAUTIFUL 56S-1 there... the color of the wood is perfect (in my opinion). Enjoy it... (and don't sell it!... unless it's to me!)

IMG_8539-1.jpg

Last edited:
Ugh... every time I see a Norinco AK underfolder it reminds me of the 84S-1 I sold off years ago. Still makes me sick to my stomach. Stupid Stupid Stupid.

You have a BEAUTIFUL 56S-1 there... the color of the wood is perfect (in my opinion). Enjoy it... (and don't sell it!... unless it's to me!)

IMG_8539-1.jpg

Thanks Hanwei. I feel your pain--I've sold a couple guns I regret. This one won't be going anywhere.

IMG_8539-1.jpg

Nice. I had an opportunity to get a Polytech Legend underfolder basically for free. It had been my father in law's but I told my mother in law that she should sell it and use the money for a vacation. WTF was I thinking?

Technically got this last month. But just got done installing all the accessories. As of right now its pretty much all i've wanted in an AR.

Its a Ruger SR-556sc
Magpul AFG2
Magpul aluminum enhanced trigger guard
Magpul foliage green Gen III anti tilt followers.
Magpul ranger plates.
Ace entry length skeleton stock.
BCM mod 3 charging handle.
Eotech 552.A65 HWS
Eotech G23 3x magnifier with FTS mount
Punisher logo extended mag release button
Ejection port cover says "smile, wait for flash" :D

plus all the factory Ruger goodies, like the Troy battle sights, Troy Rail. and the Hogue grip.

rugerg.jpg

sending the better of the two kits off to be built today.

Nice!

...what are you going to do with the other one? [devil]

just got a kit myself that's about to get sent off to TT...

IMG_1153.jpg

It's a kit that makes me cry a little because the "molested" original receiver stub has the Israeli acceptance marks of a capture rifle... that's some neat history right there.

Started collecting piece by piece last Christmas, here's where I'm at:

d05a7096.jpg

2e87a312.jpg

6eb1d4d2.jpg

DSA M4 flat top upper
WOA 18" SPR barrel
Rainier Arms low profile NM gas block
Rifle length gas tube
JP XL free float hand guard
Young Mfg. chrome BCG
BCE BattleComp 1.0 matte stainless
LMT charging handle