New Acquisitions for March 2011

summer is almost here so i thought i would kick it off with a new DE filter for my pool
P1000784.jpg

Tough to carry that concealed! [shocked]

You know the AGs office is pretty strict about citizens going around defending themselves or filtering other peoples water [shocked]
Be careful.

Last edited:
First fixed blade, got it based off some feedback from some of you guys,will definitely be using it when my friend and I go hiking in Maine in May for 3 days!!!

47c0f14a-c02e-3c3e.jpg

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Its been a little while since Ive had any additions, but a good friend is thinning out his collection and I figured it was a great excuse to help a friend out and pick up a few things Ive wanted.

100_0067.jpg

100_0070.jpg

Ruger M77 in stainless with laminate stock and a Leopold 4-12 and a Sig mosquito.

Doesn't even come close to some of the items here but here goes.

Citadel Officer model 1911.

Just picked it up this afternoon and just finished giving it a good strip and scrub.
Looking forward to breakin her in.

DSCF1381.jpg

DSCF1382.jpg

What's with the Die Hard 2 mags?

don't think i ever saw die hard 2. It's something i do when i get a new gun. red on the mags i have used, green on the ones i have not. once i have fired enough rounds that i feel they are reliable, the tape comes off, if a certain mag has problems, it gets yellow tape and becomes a range mag for practicing malfunction clears.

edit: I looked up the die hard reference. I see what you mean now. so no, they don't mark my "blank"[rolleyes] mags or even any tacticool system for telling which mags are loaded with heat seekers. just helps a disorganized man stay organized [grin]

Last edited:
i read about this gun a while ago, how do you like it?

So far so good. The price is nice. I will post an update once I make it go bang a few times.

All in all fit and feel seem good.
I stripped it completely last night and gave it a thurough cleaning. These things come out of the box DRIPPING with oil.

The only trouble I had in stripping it was the extractor. It fits into the slide very tightly. My feeling is there
is just to much plating in the wrong places. I got it worked in fairly well. I will work that some more when i get a few rounds through it.

The only other "issue" I had was some flash on the plastic magazine floor plates. They would have ripped up my palm somthing awful.
Nothing a little emery board didn't fix

Hope to bring it out back Saturday and see how it runs.

Picked this up for a song (as far as HK prices go) at the Wilmington Gun Show last weekend... HK P7M13 in cherry condition. Absolutely flawless:

IMG00471.jpg

And these 2 were technically February acquisitions for myself and Fooped... The Schlamklappe Dunkelweizen and the 2nd Amendment Assault Porter which we brewed at Barleycorn's in Natick. They came out awesome and are getting better with age. Highly recommended if you haven't tried brewing beer before. And for those that don't speak google translator German, Schlamklappe is German for Mudflap:

IMG00472.jpg

IMG00474.jpg

Felt the need to have all .45 Glocks. Picked up the 36 last night.

13ce2880.jpg

Looks like it will be very nice to carry.

cf422a41.jpg

9d788ba8.jpg

Its been a little while since Ive had any additions, but a good friend is thinning out his collection and I figured it was a great excuse to help a friend out and pick up a few things Ive wanted.

Ruger M77 in stainless with laminate stock and a Leopold 4-12 and a Sig mosquito.

The M77 MKII is a nice rifle. I've got one in stainless/laminate also. Mine's in .308; whats yours?

Picked this up at cabelas for a decent price, matching parts except for side plate and russian capture. They also had a Egyptian FN 49 for a good price just giving you folks a heads up.

DSC_0208.jpg

DSC_0207.jpg

DSC_0206.jpg

A couple of new additions.

pix1617723891.jpg

The HUGE stainless steel blade is etched with "WINCHESTER PONY EXPRESS COMMEMORATIVE" and exhibits the famous Winchester logo of the Pony Express Rider. The absolutely beautiful handle is a genuine burl hardwood, and includes a comfortable finger-grooved grip, a protective full-brass guard, and a lanyard hole. Included with the bowie is a handsome metal display case and a Winchester nylon sheath with hard liner insert. Presentation/Storage Tin has Burgundy Color Felt Knife Holder, and a Nylon Belt Sheath is included, and can be stored under the knife holder in the tin.

Measures 14 7/8" x 3 5/8" x 2 1/8"

Blade Length: 8.75 inches

Overall Length: 14.25 inches

ponyBOOK.jpg

First edition, published in 1908.
Antique hardcover book published 1908 called A Thrilling and Truthful history of The Pony Express or Blazing the Westward Way and Other Sketches and Incidents of Those Striking Times, by William Lightfoot Visscher. Published by Rand McNally & Co. in Chicago 1908.

Yeah let us know how that is! I see it at Hannafords all the time and I am tempted but dont want to throw down the money on a bad bottle of beer.

I've had a couple pours of the Infinium. It's more of a hyped up beer than anything. For the price I'd much rather buy something else. If you haven't had it though buy a bottle so you can at least say you gave it a try. There are some odd flavor notes going on in it though.

Been looking for a while and finally found it. Remington 870 Police Magnum. Nice and smooth action, built tough, feels nothing like an Express. Retired police gun, must have been in the chiefs car, barely looks used. [laugh] Special thanks for Jim at MFL for getting this one for me. I put the stock on when I got home:

IMGP0872.jpg

IMGP0873.jpg

IMGP0874.jpg

IMGP0875.jpg

Last edited:
From my favorite '"dirty, dusty, messy, gunshop", that I make sure to visit on a regular basis.... 9mm FNH Browning Hi-Power 245 Series with two original mags. Not perfect but the price was right.

Took a little trip out to Ludlow and FINALLY finished my Delaware Machine lower from the group buy with a Remsport upper. This thing is a blast to shoot compared to my 20" bull barell AR.

012-2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom