New acquisitions for June 2013

Got this shipped/transferred to my FFL yesterday. NIB Henry Big Boy 357 and put on a brass skinner peep sight, hopefully will be shooting it for the first time this weekend depending on the weather. I almost gave in and overpaid on GunBroker but waited patiently for grabagun.com to get them back in stock and got an email notification last Friday and quickly bought it and had it by the following Thursday.

View attachment 71319View attachment 71320

Sweet lever gun!! Gotta get one of these!

My Luger arrived today. I've been paying this off over the last four months, as well as assembling a full rig from separate sources. The pistol is a 1917 Erfurt, unit marked M.G. 10.K. L.122. N.4., which translates into machine gun platoon, 10th company, 122nd Landwehr Infantry Regiment, weapon #4. The 122nd was from the Kingdom of Württemberg, formed in 1914, and spent most of the war in the Lorraine area of France. In 1917 they moved to Verdun, and in early 1918 moved to and ended the war in the Argonne. All matching pistol save magazines, although both are Erfurt marked - one numbered, one unnumbered. Holster is marked 'Oskar Hentschel Leuben-Dresden 1917'. Erfurt marked loading/take down tool, Crown over c/v.

MS

Last edited:
right? this is like the ben PSL story of motorcycle riding.

At least I got cannons going on.
Should be doing test fire tomorrow .
anape3yg.jpg

Ours was a nice new house in NH. So while its not a gun it has allowed several ARs have been de-pinned!

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk 2

I had a personal reason for wanting this pistol. My grandfather's oldest brother was killed at Verdun in April of 1917, age 21. This pistol probably dates to early summer of '17 and was serving within miles of his unmarked grave.

Have a family picture here Karl and my grandfather Otto Scoop in 1911 at ages 15 and 11. My Avatar is Otto on his induction day into the Danish Army in May of 1929.

MS

I had a personal reason for wanting this pistol. My grandfather's oldest brother was killed at Verdun in April of 1917, age 21. This pistol probably dates to early summer of '17 and was serving within miles of his unmarked grave.

Have a family picture here Karl and my grandfather Otto Scoop in 1911 at ages 15 and 11. My Avatar is Otto on his induction day into the Danish Army in May of 1929.

MS

Amazing connection and moving story. We should get your Luger together with my 1917 Mauser Broomhandle sometime!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Okay, I'm throwing a teaser in here for future "releases". I have two of my old inheritances with Sergey at Rustblue Gunsmithing and just decided to move forward with full restoration to shootable condition.

These pictures are not of of mine, but are fair examples of the models. I need to make sure he takes some good "before" pictures!

Colt Lightning Rifle. Late 1800's. Pump action .32-20 cartridge.

21761_20100514083539_2.jpg

Winchester Model 1897. Early 1900's. Pump action 12ga.

erez014.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Back
Top Bottom