New acquisitions for June 2013

Any thoughts on one vs. the other?

I haven't shot either one yet (Had to get more 45 ammo). I will this week however.

The FNX is heavier and wider. Naturally the grip is larger as well. The FNX is a tank and there is no question they built it for combat. My FNX-9 is also a tank and I just love the FNH products. And their trigger out of the box is the best I have felt (Sorry Sig).

The HK is probably built like a tank as well, but considering it is double the money as the FNX, I treat it more like a Cadillac. The grip (just like the P30) fits my hand perfectly. It is balanced slightly better than the FNX and there are more accessories available. The am sure both will shoot great, but I think the HK will be just a little better. (My P30 shoots just a little better than my FNX-9). The only compliant about the HKs is the trigger. But the HK45 trigger is actually better than the P30 (so far).

I will update later when I shoot both and may even do a comparision review.

I have the FNP tactical and the HK45 Tactical.Im a HK Guy...the tactical HK was my first love. To this day she is my go to sidearm. But I have to say this FN is a joy to shoot.I am in love with the RMR .I think she shoots softer than my HKs and carrys more lead.

I have 800 rounds thru the FN in the last week and a half.....I'm struggling daily with which one comes to work with me lol! I think both guns do everything right!

I haven't shot either one yet (Had to get more 45 ammo). I will this week however.

The FNX is heavier and wider. Naturally the grip is larger as well. The FNX is a tank and there is no question they built it for combat. My FNX-9 is also a tank and I just love the FNH products. And their trigger out of the box is the best I have felt (Sorry Sig).

The HK is probably built like a tank as well, but considering it is double the money as the FNX, I treat it more like a Cadillac. The grip (just like the P30) fits my hand perfectly. It is balanced slightly better than the FNX and there are more accessories available. The am sure both will shoot great, but I think the HK will be just a little better. (My P30 shoots just a little better than my FNX-9). The only compliant about the HKs is the trigger. But the HK45 trigger is actually better than the P30 (so far).

I will update later when I shoot both and may even do a comparision review.

Thanks. I'd like an FNX but I don't want to put in the effort to find one in this craphole of a state. I have an HK45 now.

I wouldn't worry too much about the HK build quality, but I can understand treating it with care given the price.

jusysagy.jpg

2003 Suzuki SV650. First bike.

Thanks for everything Matt. Now permit and learning how to ride [grin]. I can't believe I bought a boat, errrrr bike.
Congrats. Gear up and ride safe. We need another group ride soon.

Congrats. Gear up and ride safe. We need another group ride soon.

Thanks brother, the SV650 is such a cool bike. Yeah I'm registering it this week and getting my permit! Of course I'll be safe. My parents took it better than I expected. I've been debating it since I was 16ish. 24 now, time to ride. [grin]

Thanks brother, the SV650 is such a cool bike. Yeah I'm registering it this week and getting my permit! Of course I'll be safe. My parents took it better than I expected. I've been debating it since I was 16ish. 24 now, time to ride. [grin]
Cool! More reasons to head out to central MA! Let me know if/when you're heading out this way and I'll show you some nice roads around here.

Finally got ourselves a GSD, he's solid blue. Haven't decided on a name yet but Panzer, Stuka, Rommel, Luger, and Mauser are all options we're thinking of. Any ideas???

1011073_541659429223943_1993770096_n.jpg

FFS, get it done already.

Buy me a Hazmat suit for the Registry. I'm not some Obama voter that doesn't work and can go to the registry, rest of us look at their 1 1/2hr wait from an iPhone at work and get pissed. Weds=quarter end, after that I'll be clear. Bitch.

Nice GSD. [thumbsup]

Last edited:
Buy me a Hazmat suit for the Registry. I'm not some Obama voter that doesn't work and can go to the registry, rest of us look at their 1 1/2hr wait from an iPhone at work and get pissed. Weds=quarter end, after that I'll be clear. Bitch.

You can make an appointment online for your permit (I think) and it's supposed to be about 20 minutes in & out. I didn't, and I think I waited about 1/2 hour (though I was expecting a lot worse). Now on to the MSF course!

Nice GSD. [thumbsup]

You can make an appointment online for your permit (I think) and it's supposed to be about 20 minutes in & out. I didn't, and I think I waited about 1/2 hour (though I was expecting a lot worse). Now on to the MSF course!

Suck it Al [laugh]

ra8y9eda.jpg

sehubybe.jpg

Smith and Wesson SD40 courtesy of getting the "we got ammo" email from Four Seasons last week!
And a Masterbuilt 7 in 1 smoker courtesy of the Amazon link on Comm2A!

The beginning of the milsurp collection.

Mosin M44 from the group buy. All matching numbers

9140527406_d88b4817a3_b.jpg

Finally got the K31 I have had on the list for awhile. All matching numbers plus an ID tag in the buttplate

9140526726_b7803b25e2_b.jpg

Purchased a little accessory separately [smile]

9140526182_cd72367fd1_b.jpg

A couple pieces and 2500 plated bullets away from not shopping at Walmart anymore. Unless I find .22 in stock:) not pictured is a Lyman tumbler.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1372439883602.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1372439883602.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 50
First CMP M1 Garand. Springfield Armory service grade, built around 54-55. beautifully matched USGI wood, muzzle +1, chamber +2, SA barrel, SA trigger group, bright bore with great rifling.

ETA: HRA bolt

null_zpsa806de4d.jpg

null_zps393c85d1.jpg

null_zps0835a965.jpg

null_zpsc489c690.jpg

null_zps5f3a0026.jpg

null_zpse7622c5f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Got this shipped/transferred to my FFL yesterday. NIB Henry Big Boy 357 and put on a brass skinner peep sight, hopefully will be shooting it for the first time this weekend depending on the weather. I almost gave in and overpaid on GunBroker but waited patiently for grabagun.com to get them back in stock and got an email notification last Friday and quickly bought it and had it by the following Thursday.

View attachment 71319View attachment 71320

Back
Top Bottom