I just got the "backbone" to my latest build:
DPMS-M4-145Inch-Barrel-400.jpg

And the lower it goes on:
BUSHMASTER%20STRIPPED%20LOWER.jpg

Combined with an A2 upper I've had laying around:
DPMS-A2-UpperReceiver-400.jpg

Let's see how she looks in a week's time... [smile]

Last edited:
Say hello to my little friend. My Mauser HSc arrived last week; 7.65mm (.32acp), 100% matching, non import, perfect bore. SN#799196 dates the piece to late 1942. WaA135 (Obendorf) military acceptance proof. The pistol falls between the third and fourth Wehrmachts variation, but with a high polish blue finish, resembles the third variation. The fourth variation officially started with SN#801145 and a military finish. I immediately swapped the bakelite grips for an original set I stole on eBay for $66. With the power of the internet, I figured out how to field strip it to remove only the slide and barrel and reassemble it. Except for one pass of my bore snake, the pistol was clean. I'd rate the finish 70-80%.

I shot it last Staurday; 25 yards, indoor range, 2 hand stance. The pic is of the first 2 mags, one of 71gr Privi, and the other 71gr Winchester.

MS

There is no way you will be using the sights on that thing. Admit it, they are just there to look pretty [laugh]

I went out and put 95 rounds (the last 5 are in it) through it today, its more useful as a shotgun style bead then a sighting system really lol But it shot a paper plate sized group on the silluette at 15 feet, which wasn't too bad.

Picked up some nice wood grips for my 442 yesterday at State Line. Also bought a Marlin 24 12Ga shotgun that I havent taken pics of yet.

6-5-2011_0012.jpg

6-5-2011_0010.jpg

6-5-2011_0005.jpg

6-5-2011_0008.jpg

Thanks! And, oh yeah, check this out. Weapon Iconography ghosted a skull and crossbones into my carry knife for me. Came out awesome! Thanks again, WI.

photo11.jpg

My new Remington 700 sps tactical in .308.
Bad pics, will post better ones once i get all the "tacti-cool" gear i got coming installed on her.
But for now, Simmons 6-24x50 scope
Leupold rings, Leupold ring base
Caldwell bipod

Picked up a 20 gauge pump gun today. Its a Sears Roebuck Model 200 (same thing as the Winchester 1200/1300). Smoooooooth action. Its got a 26" barrel with an adjustable choke on it. The pics are crappy; from my blackberry. This thing is BEAUTIFUL & not a spot of rust on it. VERY few shells through this one. Barrel looks like a mirror, trigger group is spotless, and the boltface & mating surface show very little wear. I got it for a good price. The pictures are from before I broke it down completely & cleaned it.

I am excited I found this, because it has the same LOP and trigger group as my 12 ga. Winchester 140 (gas operated semi-auto). The wrist area of the stock is the same on both guns, allowing me to switch from one to the other without having to change my grip style.

I'm on the fence if I am going to keep it the way it is (for bird hunting) or cut the barrel down (for HD). I might cut it down to 20" or 22" and put a mag tube extension on it and maybe a better stock set.

IMG00169-20110608-1731.jpg

IMG00170-20110608-1732.jpg

Last edited:
I bought a 12 ga one of those at Sears in 1978 as my first gun. I still have it.

My uncle has the same gun in 20 GA. He bought a slug barrel and it is a deadly deer gun. Enjoy!

Got it at IDC in Clinton. Didn't look like this when I bought it. Had the orange shellac finish, but it was chipping and uneven. I know it will piss off the milsurp purists, but I stripped the shellac and finished with a half dozen coats of pure tung oil.

Had it at the range today. Using surplus ammo in both rifles, the Mosin outshoots my Garand.

This thing is BEAUTIFUL & not a spot of rust on it. VERY few shells through this one. Barrel looks like a mirror, trigger group is spotless, and the boltface & mating surface show very little wear. I got it for a good price. The pictures are from before I broke it down completely & cleaned it.

I am excited I found this , because it has the same LOP and trigger group as my 12 ga. Winchester 140 (gas operated semi-auto). The wrist area of the stock is the same on both guns, allowing me to switch from one to the other without having to change my grip style.

I'm on the fence if I am going to keep it the way it is (for bird hunting) or cut the barrel down (for HD). I might cut it down to 20" or 22" and put a mag tube extension on it and maybe a better stock set.

If it's Beautiful (and it is) and you like EVERYTHING about it and you're EXCITED you have it, why would you even think about changing it from what you are obviously high on?

Get a second shorter barrel but don't crap up that beauty!

Nice...off the shelf or a build up?

Being my first, I went with an off the shelf complete upper, but built the lower myself. All said and done, it cost about 750, which in my eyes, isn't too bad for a "mil-spec" AR. When the funds allow, I will be purchasing the components to go with another caliber or just another upper so I can know how to build the uppers, too.

AK-smaller.jpg

Arsenal SGL24-61. Although it was a bit of an awkward introduction into my household. I recall it went something like:

Me: Honey, I’d like you to meet…
Wife: Get that black Russian bitch off my settee!!!
Me: Huh, you mean the sofa?
Wife: It's a settee! Look at that long curvy thing hanging off her…who knows where in Eastern Europe that’s been, or how many soldiers it’s been with. And it looks 20 years old.
Me: Well, it is a pre-ban. And she’s actually part American, 922(r) compliance you know. She’s from Las Vegas!
Wife: Well she looks Russian to me.
Me: Exactly, that’s the idea.
Wife: Hmmm, and well she does look nice in black. And I know you and black rifles.
Me: [wink]

Me: Honey, I’d like you to meet…
Wife: Get that black Russian bitch off my settee!!!
Me: Huh, you mean the sofa?
Wife: It's a settee! Look at that long curvy thing hanging off her…who knows where in Eastern Europe that’s been, or how many soldiers it’s been with. And it looks 20 years old.
Me: Well, it is a pre-ban. And she’s actually part American, 922(r) compliance you know. She’s from Las Vegas!
Wife: Well she looks Russian to me.
Me: Exactly, that’s the idea.
Wife: Hmmm, and well she does look nice in black. And I know you and black rifles.
Me: [wink]

NICE..... Yep she's a keeper......... both of them.[wink]

Back
Top Bottom