New acquisitions for July 2008

Made a two for one trade yesterday and picked up these two Bad Larry's.

First a pre-ban Colt AR with all the goodies. Just need to get some extra mags for it.

coltar.jpg

And second a Ruger Super Redhawk to join the big boys revolver club.

RugerRedhawk.jpg

I've been lookin' at all this "stuff", my gosh...looks like I'm gonna have to rob a few houses...I'm makin' my list[laugh] - some really neat things going on here!!

First acquisitions

So here's the first two guns I've acquired. Got them from my grandfather.

First one he carried as backup before he was retired from the Monson Police Dept. Its a S&W Chiefs Special with a 2" barrel (manuf. around 1962-63, thanks FPrice for the info). I took off the wood grips since they were too big and put on the hogue grips. Sorry for the crappy pics (indoor lighting and havent cleaned the gun yet)

DSC01261.JPG

DSC01264.JPG

Next is a Hi-Standard Model B. Its got a grooved trigger similar to the Chiefs Special. Googled it quickly and I'm assuming it was produced in the late '50's. My grandfather says this one is rather accurate. Again sorry for not cleaning the gun and for the crap pictures.

DSC012711.JPG

DSC01269.JPG

Last edited:
I don't plan on it! The Chief's Special shoots sweet, and I'm hoping to bring the Hi-Standard out sometime next week, after it gets a good cleaning. Gotta head out to wally world and pick up some bulk packs of .22 Federal

The Westford PD called me at work this morning and told me license was (finally) in. I decided to take the afternoon off and go pick it up. I stopped by AG Guns in Lowell but they didn't have what I wanted in stock. Their price was the best and Dennis said they could order it but I've been waiting long enough. I drove over to Four Seasons and picked up Ruger MkIII 5 1/2 bull barrel. I headed over to the sportsmens club and fired off 200 rounds.

dscf8189_med.jpg

On impulse I snagged a Hi-Point 995-B

DSC00817.jpg

ok, the quick and dirty is I'm blown away by this $169 rifle..
#1 it is dead accurate(even in rapid fire bursts). Ate, without a hic-up 200+ rounds of WWB 115g and Magtech 115g FMC, The trigger has a solid fairly light pull, recoil is alittle more than I expected but once tucked its controllable and the damn thing is comfortable too. I think we'll will be having some cheap fun together [smile]

Last edited:
Great stuff guys!

So my birthday is coming up this weekend... and my brother got me an early birthday present!

It's exactly what I think of when someone says "shotgun". I think it's a classic... timeless, if you will.

Here's my new-to-me Mossberg 500 12ga with wood furniture [smile]

IMG_3461.jpg

IMG_3464.jpg

IMG_3465.jpg

IMG_3466.jpg

IMG_3467.jpg

Heller/Highwater AR 15 Upper

Well...this is only half a "New Acquisition"

John from JDL sales sent me pictures of my new AR upper which, of course, has me plenty excited. The lower isn't currently pictured, but I'll slap them together for quick pic run on Friday when I pick up the two pieces of the AR.

The upper features include YH BUIS with a fiber optic strip on the front site for faster target acquisition. YH Mid size rail and brake.

The lower, features a ACE stock, Ergo Grip, Ambi Safety, over-sized trigger guard and Mag release.

Since it's a custom job and with a range of components and because I like to take creative liberties, when completed, I will call this the AR 15 Heller/Highwater Model.

Now I have about 48 hours to wait before picking it up. [crying]

NATFINARUP3-1.jpg

NATFINARUP1-1.jpg

JDL does great work - You will be very happy as I have been.
That looks to be similar to what I am going to have done with my NES AR.
Enjoy my friend.

The Westford PD called me at work this morning and told me license was (finally) in. I decided to take the afternoon off and go pick it up. I stopped by AG Guns in Lowell but they didn't have what I wanted in stock. Their price was the best and Dennis said they could order it but I've been waiting long enough. I drove over to Four Seasons and picked up Ruger MkIII 5 1/2 bull barrel. I headed over to the sportsmens club and fired off 200 rounds.

Nice. I figured your license was in when I saw you on the sign in book at WSC. I have the same gun but in stainless. Mine eats up the federal bulk packs from walmart. A few thousand rounds with very few malfunctions. I'm sure we'll run into eachother at the range soon. I recommend coming by for choir practice on Sundays at 1PM. I'm not there every week, but Jim is and usually a few others.

On impulse I snagged a Hi-Point 995-B

DSC00817.jpg

ok, the quick and dirty is I'm blown away by this $169 rifle..
#1 it is dead accurate(even in rapid fire bursts). Ate, without a hic-up 200+ rounds of WWB 115g and Magtech 115g FMC, The trigger has a solid fairly light pull, recoil is alittle more than I expected but once tucked its controllable and the damn thing is comfortable too. I think we'll will be having some cheap fun together [smile]
Where do I get one?

Back
Top Bottom