New Acquisitions for February 2015

Tarsook,

Those are some good-looking dawgs. Are you saying they are from the same bloodline?

FPrice,

Half. Same male father, from a different female on each. We fell in love with the Dad. The plan was always to have 2, Remington just came quicker than expected and we jumped at the chance while we were visiting his Dad back in November. Thank you very much for the compliment.

b68175f9d9d54f57a784bd66318bd368.jpg

f352c5c62049d5c65bfb159b4f6b2379.jpg

Got the magpul grips for my 1911. The thumb cut out makes it easy for me to hit the mag release. My strong hand thumb I messed up and this helps a lot.

b68175f9d9d54f57a784bd66318bd368.jpg

f352c5c62049d5c65bfb159b4f6b2379.jpg

Got the magpul grips for my 1911. The thumb cut out makes it easy for me to hit the mag release. My strong hand thumb I messed up and this helps a lot.

Magpul entering all of these over priced markets should provide some competition and drive prices down: Glock mags, AK stocks, 1911 grips, etc.

Those look great, how do they feel?

Yes, both AKC.

Thank you for the compliments. Remington trained very very fast, and is extremely intelligent. Hoping for the same with some hardwork for his little brother.

How old is Remington? Our "first born" is named Remington as well, he's a lab mix though. Our shepherd will be 2 in April I'm patiently waiting for him to fill out, he's still long and skinny. 75lbs already though.

Magpul entering all of these over priced markets should provide some competition and drive prices down: Glock mags, AK stocks, 1911 grips, etc.

Those look great, how do they feel?

I like the feel . There hard and the logo texture isn't super rough but just enough grip like I like.
Thumb cut helps me with mag changes.

Price was nice.

How old is Remington? Our "first born" is named Remington as well, he's a lab mix though. Our shepherd will be 2 in April I'm patiently waiting for him to fill out, he's still long and skinny. 75lbs already though.

That is a great looking dog. I cant wait to take mine out on my land up in Maine this spring and summer. Remington is 5 months old this week. Growing quick.

Nice find! It's exciting getting to possibly be the first person to shoot a vintage gun...

Carefully removed the side plate, chased out 53 years of pocket lint.... tiny bit of orange.... so i hit it with brake cleaner and lubed her up good to keep the orange away....

I can't afford guns i can't shoot.... so, i'm gonna shoot the f*** out of it....

If anyone has a S&W hard-on and they don't want me to shoot it, they can shoot me a PM with an offer ;)

Any tunability with these? I'd see the turbo V6 and see what I could do about getting more hp/tq out of them. I'm sure there are tuners around that have something. I know the new mustang with the 4 cylinder ecoboost has tuners getting really good power out of them. I'd take the 5.0 over that anyday though.
As Tim Taylor would say. "more power! ohohohohohhh!"

Factory stock it's 365HP / 420TQ. It's plenty fast as-is. 5.5sec 0-60 is pretty good for a pickup.

There's definitely more to be had by adding a performance tune. Before I do anything though, I'd want to add a cold air intake, and see about the exhaust, none of which is within my budget. Neither do I want to risk my warranty.

The 3.5L ecoboost comes with the max tow package. You can't get the 5.0V8 with the max tow.

Curiously, it's the inverse if you want to add the snowplow prep package. V8 only, no turbo V6.

Factory stock it's 365HP / 420TQ. It's plenty fast as-is. 5.5sec 0-60 is pretty good for a pickup.

There's definitely more to be had by adding a performance tune. Before I do anything though, I'd want to add a cold air intake, and see about the exhaust, none of which is within my budget. Neither do I want to risk my warranty.

The 3.5L ecoboost comes with the max tow package. You can't get the 5.0V8 with the max tow.

Curiously, it's the inverse if you want to add the snowplow prep package. V8 only, no turbo V6.

If you are curious, its because of where the turbo's cooling system and air intake sits. The plow blocks it, and they were getting terrible performance problems out of it.

Nice truck.

FPrice,

Half. Same male father, from a different female on each. We fell in love with the Dad. The plan was always to have 2, Remington just came quicker than expected and we jumped at the chance while we were visiting his Dad back in November. Thank you very much for the compliment.

Beautiful, you win so far.

Brown Bess

This one was a gift from a friend. Mighty nice of him I think.

I had it for a few weeks but wanted to wait until it was polished up before posting. Haven't fired it yet either. He's looking forward to trying it so I'm waiting until he has some time before taking it out.

bess.jpg

Purchased a Ruger LCP at Collectable last week. Yeah yeah, I know it’s a .380. And yeah yeah I know these are old news. But I’ve wanted one since 2009 so I finally went for it. This thing is TINY! A little snappy to shoot, but I’m hoping the Hogue grip will make shooting it a little more pleasant. It may very well supplement/replace my S&W 637 for summer pocket carry.

LCP 1.jpg LCP 2.jpg

I saw this on Facebook and decided I needed it.

Grabbed a used Mossberg 500 for short money and this Bullpup Unlimited Kit. If went together easy enough and cycles perfectly without live ammo in it.

a4318f5f87bb741c6e2b80c730286570.jpg

29d19b5cef51643fccbb69d70d54ed4d.jpg

Last edited:
I saw this on Facebook and decided I needed it.

Grabbed a used Mossberg 500 for short money and this Bullpup Unlimited Kit. If went together easy enough and cycles perfectly without live ammo in it.

a4318f5f87bb741c6e2b80c730286570.jpg

29d19b5cef51643fccbb69d70d54ed4d.jpg

What ah, what happens when you put live ammo in it???[coffee]

Back
Top Bottom