New acquisitions for February 2008

Got this from TonyDedo. (Thanks again!)

i53A245BD-8167-466A-93C4-202DC1133B.jpg

Cool. I love my hi-power. Is that a 9 or a 40? It looks strange to me with adjustable sights on it. How do you like that grip? The first thing I did when I got mine was swap the factory plastic grips for wood.

This last weekend I took my new S&W 340PD to the range for the first time. I had heard about these little monsters, but I have never feared recoil. I love big bore revolvers that go BANG! I hate the 340PD. It hurts to shoot it. I found rapid follow up shots all but impossible. I do not care how easy it is to carry, it is not for me. I like a steel frame gun. I immediately went back to my old battered S&W model 36.

So in the state of mind described above I happened to visit my local Collector's yesterday and made a find. It is a Colt Lawman Mk III .357 mag. made in 1971. There is slight holster wear on the barrel, but overall it is quite nice and very tight. Now THAT is a snubby!

Lawman004.jpg

Freaking SWEET!!!!

Picked up a used Canadian Police Sig P228 with 2 pre-ban mags last night from Armor Arms[smile]. Sorry for the crappy pics, I shot them with my phone this morning as I was running out the door.

Here's my first firearm

Hi,

Here are some pics of my first firearm - taking it to the shooting range tomorrow AM to try it out!

IMG_0190.jpg

IMG_0188.jpg

IMG_0185.jpg

Cool. I love my hi-power. Is that a 9 or a 40? It looks strange to me with adjustable sights on it. How do you like that grip? The first thing I did when I got mine was swap the factory plastic grips for wood.

9mm. The grip is nice for the range. Too sticky for carry.
I had adjustables on my 1970's Silver Chrome H-P.
Someday I am going to hunt down an FN H-P with fixed sights.

I just ordered this today. I took a hard look at it last week at the Outdoor Expo in Worcester, and thought it was a lot nicer than I imagined. The scandium frame (with a SS cylinder) should make it nice to carry. I've never carried a revolver before, so it will be a nice change of pace.

M&P340CT .357 Magnum
MP340CT.jpg

BTW, it's not my picture. I just grabbed it off the S&W site.

This is the S&W 19-3 I bought from MikeD last week. Before and after pictures for your viewing pleasure. I'm not a fan of rubber grips.
ZO0K8454.jpg
ZO0K8463-1.jpg
ZO0K8465.jpg

Nice new revolvers guys - just got back into this thread and found myself drooling with some of your new aquistions.

Picked up a Sig Mosquito .22lr at Bass Pro on Saturday. Haven't shot it yet, the target is from one of my other guns.

Sig_007.jpg

Sig_003.jpg

I went to Bass Pro with the intent of bringing home a mosquito today...the salesman "threw it under the bus"...please let us know how it shoots.

I went to Bass Pro with the intent of bringing home a mosquito today...the salesman "threw it under the bus"...please let us know how it shoots.

Many people like to throw the Mosquito under the bus and most of them have had zero experience with the gun. I too heard all the negative things about the Sig mosquito but still bought one and can say nothing but positive things about them. I love mine and it runs all the cheap remington walmart ammo i put through it.

Did the salesman offer an alternative?

he suggested the s&w 22a and the ruger mark 3... to myself and the person next to me who was also thinking of buying the sig

he talked about using only a particular cci ammo and to expect misfeeds for the first 500 rounds ...i tuned out after that...

When I bought my RugerMKIII I was initially looking at the Mosquito. The salesman at the shop I went to also 'threw the Mostquito under the bus' and suggested the MKIII. I haven't been too happy with the MKIII so I figured I'd give the Mosquito the ol' college try.

Back
Top Bottom