Neutered license questions...

All of the carry talk I have seen on these boards has pertained to ALP licenses. It seems that the restriction is extremely vague.

For example, can I carry my handgun concealed in my own house/yard, eg if I were checking out a weird sound in the back yard?

Does the prohibition against concealed carry also apply to in a vehicle?

??

You can carry anywhere , minus schools and a couple other places that have posted "No Guns Allowed, etc.", as long as you have LTC with no restriction... That means your house, your vehicle, the sidewalk.

ALP -- stands for All Lawful Purposes... that really does not reveal what class license you have only what its intended use would be.

Last edited:
No, I have a neutered license (reads: sport/target no concealed carry)

I'm wondering how those rules pertain in situations on private property or the rules for having a firearm under your control in a vehicle.

No, I have a neutered license (reads: sport/target no concealed carry)

I'm wondering how those rules pertain in situations on private property or the rules for having a firearm under your control in a vehicle.

While I'm not sure about on your private property, you are DEFINITELY not allowed to have it under your control in a vehicle.

You must keep it locked in a case in the trunk (or rearmost compartment) of the vehicle, just like a Class B permit holder. The only advantage you have over a class B is the ability to own hi-cap weapons. (I'm assuming you have a Class A, as for a class B there would be no need for restrictions. It is already restricted by definition.)

Last edited:
Ok

While I'm not sure about on your private property, you are DEFINITELY not allowed to have it under your control in a vehicle.

You must keep it locked in a case in the trunk (or rearmost compartment) of the vehicle, just like a Class B permit holder. The only advantage you have over a class B is the ability to own hi-cap weapons. (I'm assuming you have a Class A, as for a class B there would be no need for restrictions. It is already restricted by definition.)

Now I am getting somewhere. Now does that apply to just a restricted Target & Hunting Class A? It needs to be transported in the trunk right. Not under my direct control?

Last edited:
That applies to anything except an unrestricted Class A. [Of course, if all you've got is an FID, or for high cap handguns an LTC-B, then you can't even do that since it wouldn't be legal to possess them.]

Ken

blindndead, just out of curiosity, didn't your instructor from your safety course go over this with you? Those questions should have been covered.

Lynne

blindndead, just out of curiosity, didn't your instructor from your safety course go over this with you? Those questions should have been covered.
When I took the class. My Instructor said you are all here to apply for a class A ALP. Lets go big. You might get it with restrictions he said but thats up to your police dept. He did not go into full detail on the subject on restrictions on a class A. But he did go into full detail on a Class A ALP.

When I took the class. My Instructor said you are all here to apply for a class A ALP. Lets go big. You might get it with restrictions he said but thats up to your police dept. He did not go into full detail on the subject on restrictions on a class A. But he did go into full detail on a Class A ALP.

He was supposed to teach you the laws on all the licenses and what they meant, restrictions included. THAT is part of what the state requires the instructor to teach. You're supposed to know what's what before you get the gun(s).

Instructors who don't do their job really piss me off to no end.

Back
Top Bottom