Net Check-in Lists

Does anyone know of a resource that lists the local net check-in times around New England?

I've caught the Paxton 8pm (George's Old Timers).

I'll be taking my technician license exam on Thursday over in Chelmsford.

Thanks

Here you go:
http://www.arrl.org/arrl-net-directory-search click the here link in the 1st paragraph.

Set it to LOCAL NETS
Set the State
Set the Frequency to 2M. The 2 meter band is where most repeater nets happen with 1.25m and 70cm having less than half as many.

Unfortunately the list doesn't give the town of the repeater but by clicking on the net's link you can usually figure it out.

Good luck taking the test. Just keep grinding through the online practice test until you're getting better than 80%.
If you pass, it costs nothing to try the General test so go ahead and do it.
If you fail a test by a small amount, you can re-take the test right then but you'll have to pay the FCC $15 fee. They'll pull a new set of randomly selected questions that may be more favorable.

Does anyone know of a resource that lists the local net check-in times around New England?

BTW, first call for checkins on George's starts at 7:30PM.

Best of luck with that.

Thanks
The Paxton one (Georges old timers) actually starts at 7:30.

Thanks guys. I've been taking the practice tests and have been hitting 30/35 or better on them...so I feel pretty good about my odds.

Will definitely check the links everyone posted.

After you pass the test, how long on average does it take for your call sign to show up in the FCC database?

Good luck today. I forget how long it takes. I think it depends on the folks administering the test. I want to say mine took a week and a half. They mail the paperwork in, so that's part of the delay.

This message brought to you by the letter T and the number 9.

Thanks guys. I've been taking the practice tests and have been hitting 30/35 or better on them...so I feel pretty good about my odds.

Will definitely check the links everyone posted.

After you pass the test, how long on average does it take for your call sign to show up in the FCC database?

Good luck. I believe it is taking about 2 weeks right now.
Your examiners mail the test to ARRL, must be sent within 10 days of test. And then they electronically transmit your license application to the FCC. I would say wait a week and then start checking FCC ULS daily until you see your shiny new call sign appear

Passed it! 34/35.

Didn't take the General. I was running late for another engagement.

I really want to play around with the 70cm and 2m stuff first and get comfortable on the radio before I jump into other bands.

Passed it! 34/35.

Didn't take the General. I was running late for another engagement.

I really want to play around with the 70cm and 2m stuff first and get comfortable on the radio before I jump into other bands.

Nice job. You can always get an HF rig and listen. I've got my General and that's all I do right now.

When I took mine I did both in one day. I found it easiest to print out the question pool, highlight the correct answers and study that way. I did make sure I knew how to solve for the answers as well, but some of it is just rote memorization.

Nice job. You can always get an HF rig and listen. I've got my General and that's all I do right now.

When I took mine I did both in one day. I found it easiest to print out the question pool, highlight the correct answers and study that way. I did make sure I knew how to solve for the answers as well, but some of it is just rote memorization.

Yep....did the same basic thing. I equate the Technician license to the CCNA and then General license is more CCNE. (Cisco certifications).

Technician lets you get your feet wet an the General lets you do some cooler stuff.

Yep....did the same basic thing. I equate the Technician license to the CCNA and then General license is more CCNE. (Cisco certifications).

Technician lets you get your feet wet an the General lets you do some cooler stuff.

I don't know which is nerdier: getting one's amateur radio license or comparing the license structure to that of Cisco certifications. I hope your vehicle has lots of large horizontal surfaces, Poindexter.

[smile]

Back
Top Bottom