NES-034 - a work in progress...

Well,

NES-034 was supposed to have been done a long time ago, but alas it wasn't; and won't be for a little while yet. (can't get the damn parts!)

The parts to complete it are my wife's Christmas present to me [smile]. And since I won't have all the parts in time for that I've decided it will be my "Obama gun". I will not assemble a functioning upper on it until Jan 20, 2009. At that time I will file the FA-10, in honor of his infernal majest, the great and powerful, wise and just, beloved by all, Barak Husein Obama. Seems the only real proper way to "celebrate" the day.

Here you see:
-Standard A2 Stock
-Magpull Grip (nice feel to it)
-Anvil Arms lower
-DPMS LPK
-Timney 3lb competition trigger
-M4 Upper
-YHM customizable forearm with end cap (haven't picked up the rails yet)
-YHM Front BUIS (not thrilled about it - wouldn't have purchased if I'd handled one ahead of time)

On order:
-DPMS Bolt Carrier Group
-White Oak 20" CMP Pre-ban barrel with matched bolt.
-YHM Muzzle Brake

IMG_1628.jpg

IMG_1630.jpg

IMG_1631.jpg

Last edited:
Nice setup Matt. If you don't mind me asking, what about the YHM front sight makes you not like it? I've got one on my NES upper and have found nothing wrong with it, "yet". Just wondering.

Nice setup Matt. If you don't mind me asking, what about the YHM front sight makes you not like it? I've got one on my NES upper and have found nothing wrong with it, "yet". Just wondering.

I don't like that it doesn't lock solidly in the "up" position. It wiggles around a fair amount (fore and aft). Not sure how much that translates into accuracy wise. Just doesn't have a real solid feel to it...

Back
Top Bottom