Nerf Assault Weapon and the 10 yr. old Jewish Kid

My GF's niece married a nice jewish guy. she said there would never be any toy guns in her house. Fast forward 9 yrs. and it's a war zone at their house. Little Josh gets a nerf assault rifle with detachable 20rd. magazine and a night vision scope. I put it together for him and was quite surprised at the cool factor. He gets an amazon gift card and within a hour on Christmas day, or Christmaka, he's on Amazon ordering another nerf gun. He tells me what he bought so I ask to see it on the Amazon site. He pulls it up and I ask him where's the magazine go? He says behind the trigger guard because it's a bullpup style rifle. They live in West Hartford and Josh says all his little buddies have them. HA!HA! Boys will be boys!

Nerf has a lot of things for the up and coming shooter. It has underslung grenade launchers, tactical vests, robotic drones, bandoliers, and even a double barreled flak-style cannon with a tripod mount.

http://www.amazon.com/Nerf-N-Strike...ie=UTF8&qid=1419884038&sr=1-102&keywords=nerf
RhinoFirePromo.jpg

Last edited:
My brother in law and I finally convinced my sister to let their 15 year old son get an Airsoft AR-15. It's a pretty cool BB gun, especially when in full auto mode. On Christmas Day we went through a 5000 bb bag in an hour or so. Thing shoots pretty far.

My son wants that one next. He had the option between the M203, that one, or the bow that shoots the Mega darts. He choose the M203 cause he wanted the grenade option too. :D

ALoha

I think if I gave this kid an M4 he would know how to load it and charge a round into the chamber. Dad buys, sells and appraises art and has some serious art work hanging on the walls. We went over for Thanksgiving and Josh had some other nerf assault weapon. Mom told him to shop shooting and she grabbed the gun from him and she had an AD that sent one of the nerf projectiles into a very expensive painting. Dad went ballistic and said no more shooting in the house so we grabbed the BB and pellet gun and went out into the backyard to shoot plastic bottles. Grandpa is a retired Jewish Dentist raised in Brooklyn who spent time in the Army in the early 60's. When he and grandma arrived we were in the back yard shooting and he came out and laughed. This is in uber liberal West Hartford.

so I don't get this Jewish angle, are Jews suppose to be like liberal gun-shy people? I'm real bad with my stereotypes and most jews I met were either in the army and just enjoy shooting. Am I hanging out with the wrong kind of jews?

I think if I gave this kid an M4 he would know how to load it and charge a round into the chamber. Dad buys, sells and appraises art and has some serious art work hanging on the walls. We went over for Thanksgiving and Josh had some other nerf assault weapon. Mom told him to shop shooting and she grabbed the gun from him and she had an AD that sent one of the nerf projectiles into a very expensive painting. Dad went ballistic and said no more shooting in the house so we grabbed the BB and pellet gun and went out into the backyard to shoot plastic bottles. Grandpa is a retired Jewish Dentist raised in Brooklyn who spent time in the Army in the early 60's. When he and grandma arrived we were in the back yard shooting and he came out and laughed. This is in uber liberal West Hartford.
Ha. I was 1 or 2 towns over in Simsbury shooting those beer cans off the log with that wild west set. :)

so I don't get this Jewish angle, are Jews suppose to be like liberal gun-shy people? I'm real bad with my stereotypes and most jews I met were either in the army and just enjoy shooting. Am I hanging out with the wrong kind of jews?

I know a bunch of Jewish people who simply and sincerely believe "never again". As in "never again" will they allow their families to be rounded up, put into slave camps and exterminated.

Rosenthal/Bloomberg/Feinstein/Sugarmann

Just off the top of my head.

Nerf has a lot of things for the up and coming shooter. It has underslung grenade launchers, tactical vests, robotic drones, bandoliers, and even a double barreled flak-style cannon with a tripod mount.

http://www.amazon.com/Nerf-N-Strike...ie=UTF8&qid=1419884038&sr=1-102&keywords=nerf
RhinoFirePromo.jpg

Arduino and Ethernet shield web cam and a sonar sensor some servos and a sound meter = too much fun for adults boys lol .

My friend wired one of those up so he could log into a web site he made and control it from his phone. He set it up on a false wall . He would start shooting his gf when he was at work . Took her a few weeks to find it hidden 10 ft in the air.

He also had it set so if some one came near it or made load bodies he would get a text. He could never get it too shoot and people by it self . Couldn't figure out auto aiming costing etc . We came up with the idea watching aliens lol.

I was thinking the same thing. Not sure what being Jewish has to do with enjoying (or not enjoying) nerf guns.

Rosenthal/Bloomberg/Feinstein/Sugarmann

Just off the top of my head.

Obama/Coakley/Menino/DeGette.

What's your point?

I was thinking the same thing. Not sure what being Jewish has to do with enjoying (or not enjoying) nerf guns.

What's your point?
Point is that there are plenty of anti Jews out there. Not saying it's an exclusive club.

What's your point?

Obama is Jewish or Cloacaly from Kenya??? Help, my head is exploding! [rofl]

Point is that there are plenty of anti Jews out there. Not saying it's an exclusive club.

Comrade, you need to start hanging out with cool jews [laugh]

My oldest daughter got the Rebelle Heartbreaker bow that shoots the regular darts last year, and in the summer of 2013 I got the girls a set of the Rebelle pistols.

They needed some more firepower to hold their own against the neighborhood boys, so I got them both the Rapid Red yesterday. http://www.amazon.com/Nerf-Rebelle-...&qid=1419892685&sr=8-15&keywords=nerf+rebelle

BTW, on sale at Toys R Us this week for $19.99!!!

And the great thing is the Nerf magazines are standardized, so it will accept the big 18 round mag and the drum mags.

Last edited:
OP lost me on that one too.

I know a bunch of Jewish people who simply and sincerely believe "never again". As in "never again" will they allow their families to be rounded up, put into slave camps and exterminated.
This. Better to go out on a pile of empty brass than climb into the back of a truck.

My eleven year old got her first this year, yea I've been lazy. Nerf Elite Strike CS-18 battery powered automatic, 2 mags. Spare 90 mega pack of bullets. Shoots pretty well, doesn't jam too often.

Got the 5 and 7 year old the little Elite Triad EX-3 handguns, and I'll tell you what, these little 3 shot guns for $7, shoot faster, harder, straighter than the big $40 gun. I HIGHLY recommend getting a handful of these little mighty mites.

Don't more Quakers hate guns than Jews...?

The point is there are anti's in all religions...it's not a contest. I love the 2nd and 1st Amendments!

Nixon was a Quaker. I pointed this out to a Quaker friend, who said, "Yes, he did a very good job of forgetting what he was taught!"

[laugh]

My brother in law and I finally convinced my sister to let their 15 year old son get an Airsoft AR-15. It's a pretty cool BB gun, especially when in full auto mode. On Christmas Day we went through a 5000 bb bag in an hour or so. Thing shoots pretty far.

I am not asking this like an earthy tree hugger but are the BB's biodegradable? I have not shot a bb gun since I was a young teen or seen any air soft "bullets" So I did not know what they use nowadays

Some of those nerf guns have really bad jam problems. I was reading reviews on Amazon. I would recommend reading the reviews before choosing

Back
Top Bottom