Need to Re engrave

Knicks

NES Member
I am moving to NH in december and have 2 form 1's in progress ( AR lower and MP5 clone) which were submitted back in march and may. Back in early july, I had them engraved XYZ Trust, Lowell, MA. The women at the ATF who is updating my applications says my forms will be approved in NH and the engraving should read Nashua, NH. Is it fine to scribe a line through the city/state and engrave Nashua, NH below it? or should I completely obliterate the marking?

I'd ask the "women at the ATF" that question but why did you do the engraving before you got approval? Would never do that.

Because after the approval comes back he would be walking around with an NFA firearm that may not simply be able to be handed over to your run of the mill engraver.

As far as the Feds are concerned, you can do what you want with the un-assembled receiver, [thread=306178]per BATFE[/thread], having the stamp in hand doesn't make a receiver with no barrel or stock into an SBR.
attachment.php

See https://www.guntrustlawyer.com/file...-Title-II-as-a-Title-1-across-state-lines.pdf

Last edited:
Maybe have the whole thing milled down to a flat surface and then re engrave. It would look much better than scrolling a line through the old markings.

That is the major reason I had the mag well bevel engraved. Machine off .005 with a 45 degree end mill and start over.

On the downside I did this prior to approval and the actions of ours truly. [crying] Most likely will have to wait until: a) the ATF tells her to shove it or b) I move north.

why did you do the engraving before you got approval? Would never do that.

I've gotten my lowers engraved before receiving a stamp before. I've done it because what happens when you get the stamp back, and then send out your lower to get engraved and it either gets lots in shipping, broken, or ruined by the engraver?

Plus, it's not fun waiting for engraving when you have a stamp just staring you in the face.

Back
Top Bottom