Need to get an AK Barrel pressed and Pinned

I just bought a complete polish tantal ak side folder kit that comes with a new receiver and barrel. I am looking for a gunsmith to press and pin the barrel.

Anyone know what this might cost or anyone near Southern NH that may offer this service.

I am probably not going to build another AK. Otherwise I would invest in the press and jig and do it myself.

here's the kit

pix737861684.jpg

thanks

Mark

GFA Armstec in Natick can do it. They'd be the first people I'd go to in Massachusetts for this operation.

If you have time, and money, you have other options too:

Gewehr Werks

Investment Grade Firearms Services for Hk MP5, G3, G3k, 51, MP5k, AK47, AK74, Krinkov, Galil, FAL, L1A1

In Range C2 (InRange Firearms)

https://www.pieceofhistoryfirearms.com/

there are a few others on the ak forum that are newer, but still look good. But these guys are the heavy hitters.

So, if you want to keep it local, go to GFA Armstec in Natick and talk to Greg and Jay. They will give you an idea of what needs to be done. If you want to spend more time doing it, send it out and GFA will probably take it back in for you and transfer it to you. They can also make it "Massified" if the builder doesn't want to do that.

Either way, you have options and people willing to transfer a build for you, too, at GFA. So go forth and make it happen.

Is that a tantal barrel? Or is it a AK74 profile?

same people do PSLs. Call/email and ask. The biggest thing (in this post-Newtowne climate) is getting someone to commit.

Childers Childers Guns LLC and Pat Pat's Hobby Page do simple headspacing. I have used both at one time or the other. Both aren't bad. Childers is a perfectionist, takes longer. Pat (restoreit) does quicker work, can be a little sloppy at times, but nothing terrible.

Now I just hope someone searches NES for this thread because there's some good info in here now. I'm sure I'll probably post this 100 more times just like all the other AK shit I answer when people ask.

It's probably why I don't get banned around here for being a ****ing dick.

what did you pay?, i was bidding on one a few days ago with the Polish barrel but could not go higher, it sold for 575.

It's a really clean kit. Already been cleaned and prepared for the build. I paid a little more then that. I turns out, I will probably sell this kit. I picked up a new in the box fully assembled Polish Tantal after I had bought this. The other Tantal shoots great and doesn't have the problems that some Tantals have. So I will sell this and let someone else build it.

ry6uzugy.jpg

qesyqyhy.jpg

Time to order the barrel!!! Blank should be commimg.

Back
Top Bottom