Need help with firing pin

pj150

NES Member
I have an old Smith and Wesson 12 Guage Model 916-T Eastfield. It's my beater field gun. Seems that the firing pin snapped in two.

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement locally?

I took a picture of it from my camera phone. Bad pic but you can see what happened.

firingpin.jpg

Call S&W Tech Supt on Monday, if they have the parts for that gun still in stock they will probably ship you one for free.

S&W Lifetime warranty means what it says! [However, I can't vouch for it on guns that were made 30-40 years ago when it was owned by prior companies, I just don't know if that is the case or not, but it certainly is worth the phone call.]

Thanks! You guys are awesome. I might try a few gun shops locally. I doubt if they have them but it will give me an excuse to look and fondle some.

Just make sure you bring the broken pin with you so the smith can use it as a sample to use a micrometer and get the tolerances needed to spin you another one if need be.

Last edited:
S&W will not have it BUT

http://www.gunsnparts.com/

From the web site:

-- S&W. mod. 916 pump shotgun I have stocks new $40.00, firing pins new $18.00, safety $7.50, release lever $15.00, trigger $10.00, lifter $20.00, lifter spring $4.00, hammer $10.00, extractor right or left stamped type $12.00, I have more parts call.

They might. Best to call and explain. Have model and serial number in case it is needed.

Regards,

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom