Near-Fest Spring 2010

I had this name tag made by the vendor at Near-Fest.
It's hard plastic and measures 2" x 3".
I asked if he had any gun artwork on his computer and he dug this up.
I'll wear it to Mansfield in two weeks.

Name_Tag.jpg

Last edited:
It would be great if somone who wasn't burdened by family life could let the rest of us know what we missed at NEARfest! Were they as loud, drunk and smelly as advertised [rockon]?

[popcorn]

I had an awesome time, and got some killer deals.
On a semi-related note; Anyone else think a "New Acquisitions" thread for Ham radio stuff would be pretty cool?

On a semi-related note; Anyone else think a "New Acquisitions" thread for Ham radio stuff would be pretty cool?

I would love to see that, along with more activity on the home-brew thread. If all goes well, in a month I'll have my first acquisition to post...a house to put the shack in. Once I have a proper shack with a roof and trees, I can have antennas to wire stuff to. Mmmmmmm.

I had a GREAT two days [smile] Nice weather, no bugs, lots of great deals, It'll be weeks before I've had a chance to play with everything. Just remember, we have the Boxboro ARRL convention this year too!!!!

What happened to the NES people meeting up at the stage @ noontime Friday?
I was there with BigBird, but we didn't meet any other NES'ers.
I ran into a guy yesterday wearing an really nice HK shirt, I asked if he was an NES member, but he had no clue what I was talking about.
Turbocharged found my camper at 8am Saturday and woke me up, but I wasn't ready to get up and motivated yet. The group I was with stayed up til about 1am, we watched "Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story" on DVD. One brought up a blender and we made a few pitchers of fruit smoothies and we managed to kill nearly a half gallon of rum. [rolleyes]
I usually have a bigger shopping list, but didn't really need much this time. I did score a Kenwood TK-840 with a KMC-35 mic for $60 and a few decent quality Sperry multi-meters NIB for $10 each.
There was a guy flying an electric radio controlled plane around the lower field on Friday. He was really good too, doing some nice stunts with it.
I saw some good Ham Call plates, one was on a late 90's Camaro Z28 (NH Plate) that read "WA2SLO". [laugh]
The turnout was the biggest they've ever had at Near-Fest, but I'm guessing that's because of the good weather forecast for a change. The mosquitos and black flies weren't out yet either so that was one annoyance we didn't have to deal with.
900 band stuff was quite popular this time. Lots of people were using the repeater that was set up on site. I grabbed a Motorola MTX 9250 for $100. Got it programmed by the GEMOTO guys and I ended up selling it to a buddy less than an hour later.
(no markup)

Back
Top Bottom