• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

ND or not?

Clearly he did not intend to fire off a round and it sure doesn't seem like the gun malfunctioned so yeah, ND. That said, he has a good reputation iirc.

I feel like this obsession with accidental or negligent discharges is a creation of the antis. Nobody is perfect, anyone can make a mistake, whether you're driving a car, handling a gun, whatever - and when we obsess about this stuff, the antis win.

He was showing a finger position for an AK that I have never seen before. If you put your trigger finger on the mag well area and put pressure on it, wouldn't one think that this is a HORRIBLE placement for the trigger finger??

Seriously stupid screwing around with a loaded weapon.

This. If you're going to screw around with the safety and the trigger while your attention is focused on a camera, do it without a round in the chamber.

Did you intend to send a bullet into what you had the gun aimed at?

If you answer no, you had an ND.

What he was doing, was stupid to do with a loaded firearm. Either leave it empty or use snap caps.

who cares? he called it an ND several times himself, so yes its an ND. My problem is with how everyone rushed to his throat when the video came out, he was demonstrating weird trigger placement that he obviously does not recommend and put one in the berm. I think he was hard enough on himself for it, all these internet morons jumping on the dude for this pisses me off, but in a way it might be a good thing because hopefully now all the fagpul dynamics fanboys and internet warrior elitists will stop training with him and his classes won't be full within a day of posting them.

The internet is obsessed with this kind of elitist attitude that if something like this happens an instructor isn't worth training with, in this case i say bullshit.

Last edited:
Anyone with the mindset that a nd cant happen to them is a fool. Only two kinds of shooters-the ones who admit a nd and the ones who will have a nd.

Anyone with the mindset that a nd cant happen to them is a fool. Only two kinds of shooters-the ones who admit a nd and the ones who will have a nd.

I don't get these bizarrely definitive statements gun guys like to throw around, and particularly when the statement is, essentially, that accidental/negligent firing is somehow inevitable.

12669447_1671980646375096_8012450018066336561_n.jpg

No question is was an ND. He calls it one himself. THe real question is why would that gun have been loaded and have a round in the chamber for that video? That is not only negligent it is STUPID.

I'm sorry, but that is one of the dumbest things I have ever read about gun safety.

I'm sorry, but that is one of the dumbest things I have ever read about gun safety.

It's self justification, so that when he has one he can make himself feel better by saying "everyone does it". You know, because otherwise you'd have to take responsibility for doing something wrong.

This. If you're going to screw around with the safety and the trigger while your attention is focused on a camera, do it without a round in the chamber.
but he is an expert on finger on the trigger techniques that do not pull the trigger, even bumped or falling down.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you intend to send a bullet into what you had the gun aimed at?

If you answer no, you had an ND.

What he was doing, was stupid to do with a loaded firearm. Either leave it empty or use snap caps.
Those were the extra strength snap caps.

I feel like this obsession with accidental or negligent discharges is a creation of the antis. Nobody is perfect, anyone can make a mistake, whether you're driving a car, handling a gun, whatever - and when we obsess about this stuff, the antis win.

some pretty basic safety rules broken there. While it's true that everyone makes mistakes, that was a pretty dumb mistake. That gun should not have been loaded and there's really no good excuse for that boneheaded move.

When Joe blow redneck gun owner has a ND, and the video is watched by all the internet commandos, Joe blow is an unsafe gun handler.

When Travis has an ND, the internet commandos and fanboys say something like "hes a professional, he handled it well, nobody was hurt, so its all good, we love you Travis"

On a related note: I see videos of guys all over youtube, and on this forum training on a hot range with other guys. They all have loaded guns, and are moving around each other, uprange, downrange, muzzles are everywhere. I do not trust anyone enough to runs drills in that fashion. Their argument may be something like "If you're in a firefight, you don't have time to worry about sweeping your bro" Well that's fine, but you're not in a firefight, you're poking holes in paper, practice some safer gun-handling.

Lol the antis win by us being concerned about safety?

When Joe blow redneck gun owner has a ND, and the video is watched by all the internet commandos, Joe blow is an unsafe gun handler.

When Travis has an ND, the internet commandos and fanboys say something like "hes a professional, he handled it well, nobody was hurt, so its all good, we love you Travis"

On a related note: I see videos of guys all over youtube, and on this forum training on a hot range with other guys. They all have loaded guns, and are moving around each other, uprange, downrange, muzzles are everywhere. I do not trust anyone enough to runs drills in that fashion. Their argument may be something like "If you're in a firefight, you don't have time to worry about sweeping your bro" Well that's fine, but you're not in a firefight, you're poking holes in paper, practice some safer gun-handling.

Which is ironic, because NOT sweeping is actually a HUGE focal point of all instructors who teach squad tactics.

I have people I'm 100% confident with shooting in more real world setting than square ranges. But it's a small number.

If you don't have people you trust that much, you need to spend more time trying to make real friends.

Which is ironic, because NOT sweeping is actually a HUGE focal point of all instructors who teach squad tactics.

huge huge huge. "if you'll do it with an unloaded gun, you'll do it with a loaded gun". shit is no joke and muzzle awareness is just that little extra measure to make sure if you **** up, and you can **** up because you're human that no one leaves the range that day with more holes than they were born with.

So your argument is that NDs "just happen"? Thats the kind of crap we hear from antis... that guns just "go off" etc.

It is an ND, he said it's an ND. End of story. I think my title sensationalized it a bit. I'm just totally perplexed that he was using pressure on his trigger finger, and even admitted in the video there was tension in his hand doing this, as some kind of method for handling the AK platform. It just makes no sense to me.

Lol the antis win by us being concerned about safety?

Thanks to this obsession with ND, the state will probably take your guns away if you have one. I'd say the antis are winning, yes, at least in Mass. Threads like this aren't going to help.

Should the state take away your cars if you have a car accident? Take away your right to own a home if you have a house fire?

The antis need to learn that guns are dangerous, just like cars, matches and household chemicals, and the potential for having an accident with one is no excuse to deny your rights.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom