NC Ban

Unbelievable! A mere snowstorm and our constitutional rights are suspended? Shades of the Katrina gun-grab. Hope NRA gets on this!

Rights are only recognized by government when convenient and tolerable. When needed the most, government will try to take them away. In truth, we have no rights, but rather the warm and fuzzy feeling during good times that we are free men. That is an illusion. And the slightest disturbance stands to provoke our bloated government into action against the people. Anything will do, ranging from the serious and unusual (Japanese internment during WWII, various actions following 9-11) to the mundane (some snow in NC). When things turn against you, with the norms of society under pressure, expect your government to make it worse.

Unbelievable! A mere snowstorm and our constitutional rights are suspended? Shades of the Katrina gun-grab. Hope NRA gets on this!

Don't you get it? People from NC can't be trusted when it snows out. I'm sure there are solid statistics that show people will go driving and shoot firearms out of the vehicle they are operating while drunk, in large snow storms.

Southerners + snow = PANIC!

This is why the south will never rise again. Too cold up here.

Wrong. The South don't want to be up here, and never did want to be up here, anyhow. We seceded. We were the ones who were invaded. The Northern boys can keep their turf and their snow.

Wrong. The South don't want to be up here, and never did want to be up here, anyhow. We seceded. We were the ones who were invaded. The Northern boys can keep their turf and their snow.

They`re still fightin the War of Northern Aggression. That`s what the Mississippi boys call the Civil War.

This could very well be the most effed up thing I've ever seen.

Here's the best part; There is a ban on driving AND a ban on carrying firearms in vehicles.
Now that was a well thought out law...

“I think there’s been some misinterpretation that I personally have declared martial law and taken away people’s right to bear arms and that’s erroneous,” May told WXII reporter Jermont Terry. “By law, statue 14-288.7 automatically went into effect.

Why how convenient,
having a statue to take the sting out of restricting the peoples constitutional rights.
Kinda like having Han Solo yelling "Its not my fault !" as the Millenium Falcon gets dragged into the death star.

Last edited:
Do you know me?

He's just talking about himself there. In that there is any similarity to you is purely coincidental. You know, "All characters appearing in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental." [grin]

I think this was actually proposed by the Southern DPW workers. You can't expect them to remove snow AND replace all those shot up STOP signs.

So THIS would be a good example of things the NRA should do with their pot of money. Support citizens in a civil suit against this usurping police chief. Lets see if the NRA Man's up on this one.

Rights are only recognized by government when convenient and tolerable. When needed the most, government will try to take them away. In truth, we have no rights, but rather the warm and fuzzy feeling during good times that we are free men. That is an illusion. And the slightest disturbance stands to provoke our bloated government into action against the people. Anything will do, ranging from the serious and unusual (Japanese internment during WWII, various actions following 9-11) to the mundane (some snow in NC). When things turn against you, with the norms of society under pressure, expect your government to make it worse.

DAMN! You GET IT!

Note to self: Take NC off the short list of places to retire when I get out of this Commie hell-hole in a couple years.

Time to get this horse out of the stable: S. 964 GOAL Files Amended "Katrina" Bill

Great job, but it's still at significant risk of "police veto" since it contains a penalty for police who violate the law.

While it would be nice to see the proposed penalty in the real world, the fact of the matter is the police have a lot of pull with the legislature and few legislatures are going to stand up to a "police request". A bill that simply awards all legal fees to recover the gun to the owner would probably have a better chance of passing.

I would still like to see what authority actually allows them to do this.

For a response, I would say put a couple of hundred calm and collected people in front of the PD legally carrying. No violence, just say "now what are you going to do"?

“I think there’s been some misinterpretation that I personally have declared martial law and taken away people’s right to bear arms and that’s erroneous,” King Police Chief Paula May told WXII reporter Jermont Terry

HUH? What? If what you did isn't declaring martial law, what is? If not allowing people to lawfully carry and protect themselves isn't infringing upon people's right to bear arms then what the hell is?

Back
Top Bottom