National Scene: The Second Amendment's Great Election Night

G

GOAL C.M.

Encouraging news indeed.

The Second Amendment had a great night on Tuesday. Across the nation, the right to arms is stronger than ever, and the stage has been set for constructive reforms in 2011.

U.S. Senate: The net result of Tuesday was a gain of +6 votes on Second Amendment issues.

In not a single U.S. Senate seat did the gun control lobby gain ground. Three open seats switched from anti-gun to pro-gun: Ohio (Rob Portman replacing George Voinovich), West Virginia (Joe Manchin taking the seat of the late Robert Byrd), North Dakota (John Hoeven replacing Byron Dorgan). In Arkansas, John Boozman’s victory over Blanche Lincoln is a significant gain.

Seats with a partial improvement were Indiana (Dan Coats usually-but-not-always good, replacing always-bad Evan Bayh), Wisconsin (NRA A-rated Ron Johnson defeating C-rated Russ Feingold), Pennsylvania (solid Pat Toomey replacing inconsistent Arlen Specter).

If Dino Rossi wins Washington (he currently trails by 14,000, with 62% of the vote in), that will be another important pickup.

There are now enough votes in the Senate to defeat a filibuster on pro-gun bills. Significantly, Harry Reid’s victory in Nevada means that pro-gun bills have a chance of being brought to floor, or offered as amendments to other bills. Had Reid been defeated, the Majority Leader would have been Charles Schumer or Richard Durbin, both of whom are highly-motivated and well-informed on the anti-gun side.

Full story here

NRA A-rated Ron Johnson defeating C-rated Russ Feingold

You made my day! I hadn't heard that Feingold was sent to the DPS. What is the best thing in life? Crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentations of the "Progressives":

Progressives across Wisconsin, and across the country, are feeling crushed by the defeat of Sen. Russ Feingold, one of the finest Senators ever to represent the Badger state.

Full text here: http://progressive.org/wx1103b10.html

Bwaaaahahahahahahha! [cheers]

Although we may not have come out winners here in MA, nationwide gave great hope that the good fight continues strong.

Yes, it somewhat takes the sting out of the "Massachusetts Meltdown" doesn't it?
Well, in the big picture, but MA will retrench and punish its citizens for wrong thinking like a cornered rat in the mean time...

Much like the Democrat primaries are a contest to see who is more of a lunatic liberal idiot... They will be appealing hard to their base given how "close" (in MA terms) the elections were...

Well, in the big picture, but MA will retrench and punish its citizens for wrong thinking like a cornered rat in the mean time...

Much like the Democrat primaries are a contest to see who is more of a lunatic liberal idiot... They will be appealing hard to their base given how "close" (in MA terms) the elections were...

"Close" = most incumbents actually had challengers, rather than running unopposed. "How dare you challenge my supreme authority, piss-on."

Yes, it somewhat takes the sting out of the "Massachusetts Meltdown" doesn't it?

thanks i wasn't aware of this. however there is more good news, even tho
Ma. returned 10 Dem congressman, they are now in the minority, no more
chairmanships and so on, they will now be part of Republican lead committees.

More good news.

not really. won't change a damn thing in this state because the whole state (nra and goal included) allows our rights to be stepped on. Don't get me wrong...GOAL is our best ally but too little, too late. Our gun shops are bullied, our gun owners are threatened at every turn by legislation and our citizens live at the whim of Police Chiefs for our "right" to bear arms.

Great victory for our state. [rolleyes]

not really. won't change a damn thing in this state because the whole state (nra and goal included) allows our rights to be stepped on. Don't get me wrong...GOAL is our best ally but too little, too late. Our gun shops are bullied, our gun owners are threatened at every turn by legislation and our citizens live at the whim of Police Chiefs for our "right" to bear arms.

Great victory for our state. [rolleyes]

+1

Back
Top Bottom