National Guard Military Intelligence

Anyone work MI? I live in Boston and am looking to do MI in either MA, NH, or maybe RI, VT. I have graduated college and am planning to join as an officer. I was looking for any units that may have openings.

On the side, any advice on or offline is appreciated.

Feel free to shoot me an email: [email protected]

Cheers,
Justin

Last edited:
I was not intel, but worked very closely with them on a daily basis (as in my desk was next to the S-2 guy) and did cover for the intel clerk when he'd go on leave. Officer or enlisted, do not have the misconception that there is anything "high speed" about intel at an entry level. My S-2 buddy spent most of his time laminating maps....that's it, just laminating maps. He's drive from KBay, where we were stationed, to Hickam AFB and pick up maps from their G-2, bring them back, and laminate them. The S-2 officer, a lieutenant, spent his days in the vault reading the news on the SIPRnet, basically akin to clicking through CNN.com, but classified (which simply means it has more specifics such as numbers, locations, units, etc). He would copy and paste various news reports and make an intel brief for our CO once a week for the staff meeting. Being a military intel analyst is basically like being a journalist. You dig around in your sources for something interesting, researching everything you can about that interesting thing, write a report on it, and give it to your boss. That's about it. Yes, there are very interesting billets in intel, but you won't get them in your first few years.

If your going to join the service, at least do a job where you can get dirty, and see action, instead of getting paper cuts from maps and newspapers and cramps in your fingers from searching the super highway for crap intel that any Joe Smoe can read on cnn. Besides when you get out, you wont have any cool stories to tell your drinking buddies, at least none that are yours.

Join the grunts!

[iwojima]

Hey some of us liked working MI.[grin] Granted I was a supply pogue who ended up there, but hey it was fun, and unique, yeah that's it unique.[laugh] I was regular Army though.

Hey some of us liked working MI.[grin] Granted I was a supply pogue who ended up there, but hey it was fun, and unique, yeah that's it unique.[laugh] I was regular Army though.

[rofl] my first three years in the Army was with an MI Bn.

[rolleyes] i got out

all I'm gonna say is those MI people are a bunch a fruit cakes [rofl]

If your really intersted in this.. i suggest the air national guard... the 102nd intelegence wing out of Otis ANGB...... Predator datalinks and that kind of stuff.. super secret squirrel .... go there and see what they have to offer

[rofl] my first three years in the Army was with an MI Bn.

[rolleyes] i got out

all I'm gonna say is those MI people are a bunch a fruit cakes [rofl]

Oh no kidding, the ditty boppers were the scariest.[laugh] I worked with the mechs. That was lets say interesting enough. [shocked]
Lets just say Field Station was interesting, then throw the Brits into the mix and well, it was UNIQUE!!
Everyone told me for a first assignment it wasn't a good place for me.[laugh]
I do have fond memories of Berlin though and that I wouldn't trade.[laugh]

That's 2 words that should NEVER go together.

Military and Intelligence.

It's an oxymoron.

Funny you said that. They would say the same about Marine Corp Intel when I was in.[laugh]
My 1st cousin was in Air Force Intel in which he got his Top Secret clearance and so on. he's been working for Raytheon on the Global Hawk program for many years and makes a hefty salary and travels the world. That's about all the info I can get out of him. he sucks!

Funny you said that. They would say the same about Marine Corp Intel when I was in.[laugh]
My 1st cousin was in Air Force Intel in which he got his Top Secret clearance and so on. he's been working for Raytheon on the Global Hawk program for many years and makes a hefty salary and travels the world. That's about all the info I can get out of him. he sucks!
[laugh] My brother was Air Force got out after 11 years went to work for Boeing, and the last 5 years or so is working as Boeing contractor. He does lots of travel also. His is to Air Force bases though.

Back
Top Bottom