Votes: 20 35.7%

• Total voters
100 Rounds of 45 ACP
50 Rounds of 44 Magnum
50 Rounds of 45 Long Colt
30+ of .410 shot shells
10 .410 slugs

Boom bang!!!

Will be buying some .500 S&W so I can borrow a big gun on pumpkin day.

Last edited:
50 .357 magnum
100 .38 special

Going to be trying out a 586 this week and I'd like to take it for a nice test drive before deciding to buy it or not. Wonder what it would do to a pumpkin?

50 .357 magnum
100 .38 special

Going to be trying out a 586 this week and I'd like to take it for a nice test drive before deciding to buy it or not. Wonder what it would do to a pumpkin?
The .357 ammo will do much more damage than the .38 will.

I bought 300 rds of 223 at Dicks on Friday. It was cheap. I think I paid $55 out of pocket; but I also had a $20 dicks cash from their reward program.

I'm thinking of buying a box or two of 22lr from wally works on the way home from work to supply my new toy.

Does picking up 1300 rounds of 223 at the pumpkin shoot qualify?! [devil]
I think that this whole week is National Ammo Week, but check the website to be sure. Try www.ammoday.com, too.

Why November 19?

There is really no particular reason November 19 was chosen. It did not conflict with any other holiday or event on the U.S. calendar.

We found, however, that people preferred to buy their ammo at gun shows or over weekends, which is why National Ammo Day is now National Ammo Day/Week.

However, we would me remiss if we did not mention that November 19 is the birthday of Kim du Toit (the creator of National Ammo Day). Kim couldn’t think of a nicer way to celebrate his birthday than it helping send a signal about how the value of the Second Amendment and our ammunition manufacturing industry. And, if we make our target of 5 BILLION rounds sold, his birthday wish will come true.
What coupon? I thought the last 10% off expired Oct 31.
I picked up a sheet of coupons there a few months back and found it this weekend while I was cleaning out my computer room. If I still had a working scanner I'd scan it in, but my scanner shit the bit a few months back. [sad]

Last edited:
Anyone know if the KO Slugs at dick's are still cheap cheap cheap? Like 1.69 a box for 5 or something like that? I need some more 12 ga ammo fit to kill pumpkins with!

I don't think so. I think that sale was only for a week or two. I'd expect to pay roughly 3 bucks for a box of 5 Brenneke KO shotshells. It's still cheaper than a box of Remington Sluggers.

Last edited:
I just went to walmart in Nashua and picked up 200rds of remington 223 and 300rds of winchester 45acp

I'm thinking I should have bought more.

I picked up a couple hundred rounds of some very hard to get ammo today but I'd rather not say what or where it came from. People are watching and we have rules to adhere by. I'll be bringing it to the Pumpkin shoot though. [wink]

Theoretically I should stop at the Dicks in Leominster tonight and
buy some ammo.

More than likely, however, I'll have to buy ammo at FS on
Friday? instead. Does that make me a bad person for not
buying it exactly on the 19th? [laugh]

-Mike

Last edited:
Completely forgot about it. That's ok. I have all week. I'll pick up some .40 since that's the only thing I'm low on. I think FS still has some ranger left over

Ha ha, I bought 150 rounds, but I didn't know that today was the day.

Proud to be an accidental supporter.

More than likely, however, I'll have to buy ammo at FS on Friday? instead. Does that make me a bad person for not buying it exactly on the 19th?
That's why Kim made it a WEEK - long as you do it this week, you're celebrating properly. TELL YOUR FRIENDS! Tell the guys at your gun store!

And don't forget that if you're coming to the Pumpkin Shoot from the east (or off of 495) you pass right by Blue Northern - they have lots of ammo... and unlike a certain gun store in North Attleboro, they have better things to do than call the CHSB and whine.
For those of us that may have been busy on Nov 19 in particular, could we change it from Ammo Day to Ammo Month?
You'd have to run that by Kim duToit - http://www.theothersideofkim.com/index.php/tos/

Back
Top Bottom