Nashua NH F&G 2011 Highpower Schedule

holy crap, i'm gonna go broke! if i counted right, that makes for 24 80shot NRA approved matches before Perry! better get my Midrange Prone fix in earlier in the season. last month before Perry i'm not even gonna TOUCH the spacegun [laugh2]

well, with ~ 2000 rounds downrange in NRA matches, i'll have plenty of chances to reclassify! (i WANT that HighMaster card this year...WITH a service gun)

Well, Hacksaw...there are some "hurtles" in becoming a HighMaster....one must learn grass hopper

heh, oh i know there are thresholds i've yet to cross, but i've shot the scores to do it. it's getting past the mental mindf*** for me. ball and dummy drills are helping immensely, and actually shooting the spacegun last sunday felt oddly comfortable (you weren't kidding about that rifle REALLY stressing NPA and sight alignment, made me notice i tend to settle WAY to the right after 5-6 shots. cool part was, shots i called as wide 8's were midring 9's, and everything i thought was a 10, was a 10 or a nice center X). i'll get it. hey, you should be happy! i steered Dave away from a match rifle for you![rofl]

You ended last year very strong Jeff so I'd say you have a good shot at HM and LEG Points!

We are lucky to be in an area with as many nice ranges with full schedules to shoot at.

We still have some matches left in October before we call this season OVER....

Here is what remains

October:
2nd NRA Approved 80 Round Match 9:00 am Start Time
9th CMP Match 50 rnds 200/300/600 yards
9th CMP Vintage Sniper Match (To be fired after CMP Match Aprox 11:30am)
15th NRA Approved 80 Round Match 9:00 am Start Time
16th NHHPRL #6 50 Rnds 2 & 300 yds
16th No Range Qualifications After: End of Season Cookout after Match

Note the remaining NRA 80's are a 9am Start time.
All others are the usual 8am start time.

Hope to see many of you at the NRA 80 this Sunday!

George

Nope, Not required to be a member.

For the 80's and the CMP NMC shooters should have good enough equipment, skills and zero's to hold paper at 200, 300 and 600 yards.
For the League matches just for 200 and 300 yards.

Gear is usually available for loan if people need it.

Feel free to post here or email me with any other questions.
gsmith223 at comcast dot net

George, how's your weather looking for Sunday?

Yesterday the forecast was saying 30% chance of showers for tomorrow.

This morning the forecast looks much worse....
Rain early... then remaining cloudy with showers in the afternoon. Thunder possible. High 62F. Winds NNE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 70%. Rainfall around a half an inch.

Hopefully it changes for the better today and tonight like it did for us last weekend for the State Champs.
That day was supposed to be a washout but (as you know) we got it in.

We still have some matches left in October before we call this season OVER....

Here is what remains

October:
2nd NRA Approved 80 Round Match 9:00 am Start Time
9th CMP Vintage Sniper Match (To be fired after CMP Match Aprox 11:30am)
15th NRA Approved 80 Round Match 9:00 am Start Time
16th NHHPRL #6 50 Rnds 2 & 300 yds
16th No Range Qualifications After: End of Season Cookout after Match

Note the remaining NRA 80's are a 9am Start time.
All others are the usual 8am start time.

Hope to see many of you at the NRA 80 this Sunday!

George

I went to my 1st match today. The guy's were all very helpful, and fun to shoot with.I hit the target on all stages. I plan to continue with High power. My first move is to get a 20 in. upper "without a muzzle brake", and a scope stand for prone shooting. Maybe a shooting jacket for Christmas.
Thanks Mike

I went to my 1st match today. The guy's were all very helpful, and fun to shoot with.I hit the target on all stages. I plan to continue with High power. My first move is to get a 20 in. upper "without a muzzle brake", and a scope stand for prone shooting. Maybe a shooting jacket for Christmas.
Thanks Mike

you showed up...that's 90% of it! the fact that they're all on the paper first time out is a bonus! Told ya this stuff is fun :)

Ask around, as far as equipment goes. most of us are always upgrading or just trying something new....there's TONS of used equipment floating around (hell, quite a bit of my stuff I got used...and it all works just as well as the new stuff)

Mike,
We're glad you enjoyed yourself at the match yesterday and want to stick with it.
I'd agree... Definately White Oak for the upper source!
Watch for our clinic in April next year and sign up for it if you can.
We try our best to make it a worthwhile day for the people that attend.

Here's the link from the one we had this spring
http://www.nfga.org/cmp/pdfs/Form_Clinic_DCMMatch_HPE.pdf

Jeff,
I had to run back to the target shed with a fire extinguisher to make sure your targets were not on fire!
They were still smoking but no flames. You will have one more NRA 80 to go for flames on 10/15...
VERY WELL DONE Yesterday!!!!!
http://www.nfga.org/highpower/pdfs/20111002_NRA80.html

Last edited:
Mike,
We're glad you enjoyed yourself at the match yesterday and want to stick with it.

Thanks, George. I plan on trying a few more this year with my current equipment.
After X-Mass and I ply my wife with Egg Nog, how does this gun look for High power competition?
http://www.bushmaster.com/catalog_xm15_PCWA2S20DCM8.asp

Would I be better buying a separate gun for High Power , or just an upper for my current gun?
Thanks, Mike

Thanks, George. I plan on trying a few more this year with my current equipment.
After X-Mass and I ply my wife with Egg Nog, how does this gun look for High power competition?
http://www.bushmaster.com/catalog_xm15_PCWA2S20DCM8.asp

Would I be better buying a separate gun for High Power , or just an upper for my current gun?
Thanks, Mike

IMO.... Forget the bushmaster or anything else and just like most everyone here has been telling you.....
Look no further than http://www.whiteoakarmament.com/xcart/home.php
Expect a 14 - 16 week wait for delivery after you order.

Slap a Rock River NM A2 Lower on it with 2 stage trigger and anything out of the 10/X ring is all you.

Mike,

George, can I come to the event on Sunday with my current equip?

Thanks, Mike

George, can I come to the event on Sunday with my current equip?

Thanks, Mike

Mike,
Definately come on up this Sunday for the 50 rd CMP match starting at 8am and the vintage Sniper match that starts right after the CMP match.

The ""recomended"" way we have our matches set up at NFGA for people new to this game is to;
1- Attend the Clinic'
2- Shoot the 200/300 yard league matches
3- then the CMP matches.

Coaching is allowed and encouraged in the above matches and time for extra sighters is provided.

Once shooters are comfortable and self sufficient in all stages of firing cross the course they generally then shoot the NRA 80's as well.
We make exceptions at times to help new shooters but by rule coaching is not allowed in the NRA 80 rd Approved matches.

"Most" shooters are understanding and patient with new shooters learning the ropes but it's (somewhat) unfair to the expierienced shooters in the NRA approved 80's if those matches don't run smoothly and by the book the way they should.

At any rate you did great jumping in at the NRA 80 last weekend and please do come back to shoot with us this Sunday!

George
http://www.nfga.org/highpower/pdfs/nfga_2011_schedule.pdf

PS:
Last weekend was a light turnout (hopefully only because of the terrible weather forecst) so we ran the match in 2 relays.
We typically run the matches in 3 relay rotations. In 3 relays you, shoot, score and pull pits at seperate times.

See ya Sunday and feel free to ask away with any additional questions.

Last edited:
IMO.... Forget the bushmaster or anything else and just like most everyone here has been telling you.....
Look no further than http://www.whiteoakarmament.com/xcart/home.php
Expect a 14 - 16 week wait for delivery after you order.

Slap a Rock River NM A2 Lower on it with 2 stage trigger and anything out of the 10/X ring is all you.

I took part of your advise . I just odrered a White Oak Armament CMP Upper, Post-Ban, and a Geissele Hi-Speed Service Rifle trigger. 1st Stage: 3.2 to 5 lbs. 2nd Stage: 0.5 to 1.5 lbs. [grin]

I just odrered a White Oak Armament CMP Upper, Post-Ban, and a Geissele Hi-Speed Service Rifle trigger. 1st Stage: 3.2 to 5 lbs. 2nd Stage: 0.5 to 1.5 lbs. [grin]

Great Choice's Mike .... :)

Mike / All,

If you plan on coming to NFGA for the CMP match tomorrow bring extra ammo or a vintage rifle for the Vintage
Sniper Match that follows the Morning CMP NMC match.

CMP Vintage Sniper Match Cost $20 Total for 2 Person Team
2 Person Teams 300 & 600 yards Prone 15 rounds per shooter at 300 & 600 yards.

Bob Greenwood runs these matchs and lets people shoot any (safe) rifle they have shoot the match.
Some shoot thier AR15 Service Rifles and some have the Official Vintage Sniper rifles.
People come as teams or just team up that day to shoot the match

Scroll way to the bottom of the website schedule for more details on this match.

Great Choice's Mike .... :)

Mike / All,

If you plan on coming to NFGA for the CMP match tomorrow bring extra ammo or a vintage rifle for the Vintage
Sniper Match that follows the Morning CMP NMC match.

CMP Vintage Sniper Match Cost $20 Total for 2 Person Team
2 Person Teams 300 & 600 yards Prone 15 rounds per shooter at 300 & 600 yards.

Bob Greenwood runs these matchs and lets people shoot any (safe) rifle they have shoot the match.
Some shoot thier AR15 Service Rifles and some have the Official Vintage Sniper rifles.
People come as teams or just team up that day to shoot the match

Scroll way to the bottom of the website schedule for more details on this match.

I was reading the rules on another site. It seems some scopes of the era are acceptable. Mine is probably not, what are the rules for the match at NFG? Also sand bags seem like they can be used ,should we bring one?
Thanks, Mike

I was reading the rules on another site. It seems some scopes of the era are acceptable. Mine is probably not, what are the rules for the match at NFG? Also sand bags seem like they can be used ,should we bring one?
Thanks, Mike

I'm not into these matches much so I don't know but I stick around to help run the line or pits if needed.
Some people that are Into these matches and get right down to every little detail on the rifles / scopes etc...
I'm just a simple Service Rifle guy but some people bring some pretty cool vintage rifles.

Bob runs these matches informal. You can shoot whatever you bring.
I see people using sandbags, rucksacks, bipods and all sorts of things for support.

I'd say just bring whatever you have and be ready to shoot and have fun.

Back
Top Bottom