• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Name Change question

A couple months ago I married a wonderful woman. She just went through the ridiculously long process of changing her legal name. The only thing she has left is her LTC, how important is it that she change it on the LTC? Can she just wait it out until renewal? She had to renew a couple months before the wedding so its a new license. I'm sure this state is going to want a fresh $100 bill for a name update, or is there an easier way? thanks for any help

Notify both PD and FRB and they will change it in the online MIRCS system. They will NOT re-issue a new LTC with new name. No charge. I suggest a label on back with new name/address (if appropriate).

Notify both PD and FRB and they will change it in the online MIRCS system. They will NOT re-issue a new LTC with new name. No charge. I suggest a label on back with new name/address (if appropriate).
Len gave me the same advice a few months ago for a female employee of mine with the same issue who came to me for advice. She followed it and had no problems. Thanks Len!

Back
Top Bottom