My opinion on 2 CCW's

It's enough for me, the difference it makes carrying in the summer totally worth it. Your picture is not of a PMAG12, that is a glock mag with an extension, there is a little bit of a difference.
View attachment 518663

The difference between the 2 of these tucked them in to your shorts in the summer is enormous.

View attachment 518665

That's a lot more than I thought it was going to be, so I agree. Big difference.

That's a lot more than I thought it was going to be, so I agree. Big difference.
Magpul hit it out of the park with that mag, unfortunately it's not one that people are going to buy 10 of because you really only need 1. I should probably buy a few more just to leave in the package and squirrel away.

Back to the mini pistols, what makes little sense to me, is people buy these G43's, 365's, claim they are amazing, then immediately buy mag extensions for them which negates the point of a small CCW. Full disclosure, my wife has a G43 purse pistol that I will throw in my pocket if I am wearing gym shorts and need step outside and want a gun on me.

I owned and carried and LOVED my G43 (not the XL, the regular G43) for years until I held and shot the P365. The G43 shoots a bit "snappy-er" with a rather 'different' recoil than the P365... Both are awesome carry guns, and yes the G43 is extremely reliable ("cuz Glock.. blah blah"I )... but - BUT - the 'awesome' seven round, similar size similar weight G43 will go 'click' four rounds sooner than the P365. This is the main reason I carry the P365. Cuz while very similar, it has more capacity and therefore can 'go longer'.

For me, it's like having two absolute knockout hot girlfriends back in the day, and one dozes off after one or two 'rounds' (but the other can go four extra rounds, and, therefore...um, well..Y'know..)

Just sayin' 😁

ha-ha. one more got converted. :)
the smaller 365 grip is same great if you get proper aftermarket pinky extender, and in the MA with 10rd mag limit getting an 'X' has little practical sense, unless you got really large hands. the size diff is small but it matters when you fit it IWB. a lot of people get surprised of how well 365 shoots.

View attachment 518640
Like the flat trigger much better. Had a 365

I've been carrying an XL since they came available in Mass. I have big hands so I run the pinky extensions, my pinky was mostly hanging off the bottom of the grip.
I talked to Brad at Tactical Development into making a larger extension than the pro ledge he was already selling. The large pro ledge he makes is a 1/2" longer in the front.
The extra half inch isn't noticable when carrying but it makes a ton of difference when gripping it

Yup the shield plus is a great gun.
The lack of magazines sucks though. I'll have to settle for 2 mags for the time being...
Andrew,
Most of them ship with 2 mags, a 10- and 13-round as standard. In states like CT or NY, dealers are stripping off the 13-round mag, selling it to highest bidder at auction, and then selling the gun with the single 10-round mag plus a voucher for another 10-rounder, when it becomes available. At least that's what I've read at other forum pages.
Last time I took my shield plus to the range, I ran it on a steel plate challenge. While a little slower than when I shoot my SR9c, accuracy and speed were acceptable for the little wonder-nine.
Now .. I need to procure a supply of no-tuck shirts or bowling shirts to use as cover garments .... at least while the weather's warm.

Andrew,
Most of them ship with 2 mags, a 10- and 13-round as standard. In states like CT or NY, dealers are stripping off the 13-round mag, selling it to highest bidder at auction, and then selling the gun with the single 10-round mag plus a voucher for another 10-rounder, when it becomes available. At least that's what I've read at other forum pages.
Last time I took my shield plus to the range, I ran it on a steel plate challenge. While a little slower than when I shoot my SR9c, accuracy and speed were acceptable for the little wonder-nine.
Now .. I need to procure a supply of no-tuck shirts or bowling shirts to use as cover garments .... at least while the weather's warm.
Wow. Mine came with a 10 rounder and a 13 rounder that's been pinned to hold only 10 rounds. I have large hands so the extended mag is perfect for me. If only I could find someone who prefers the 10 rounder for a trade [laugh]

Putting the XL grip on my regular P365 was the best gun modification I've made so far. Conceals just about as well in anything but slim cut T shirts and feels a million times better in the hand, leading to more precision on follow ups.

That said, I would have compared the G43X with the P365X, and if I were in a free state, the lure of those Shield Arms 15 rd mags would be too much. I'd cave and buy yet another subcompact 9, even though I've been trying to upsize my carry.
Question for you. I was thinking of doing this. Would my current p365 kydex holster work or would I have to get a p365xl Kydex holster?

Question for you. I was thinking of doing this. Would my current p365 kydex holster work or would I have to get a p365xl Kydex holster?
As long as the holster is open on the bottom it should be fine, the xl is a half an inch longer on the slide

I have gone through so many CCW's I don't remember them all.

This seems to be common, and I've never understood it. I have holsters for my 1911, and K-frame revolver, but almost never carry them. I DO carry my original M&P9c with APEX DCAEK+RAM, and now 15-round magazine for it. When it was in MA it was 10+1. It lives in a Crossbreed Supertuck IWB.

I personalized it by 'polishing' the barrel and some of the slide, slide lock, etc. to mimic the 'Nightmare' style from SIG.

Anyway, it's been a great gun. Never a failure. Not too big or small. Fits my hands great, and with the APEX trigger job it shoots pretty sweet, too.

There are many carry guns, but this one is mine. And I've never once felt compelled to try another.

16306130353602227673996870107323.jpg 20210902_154934.jpg 20210902_154907.jpg

Attachments

• 20210902_154858.jpg
    20210902_154858.jpg
    359.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Both of my prior kydex worked just fine, and the newer kydex with sidecar I bought was standard P365 and fits as well. The trigger guard appears to be the same location and size on both, so the lock-fit seemed to work without modification. As long as you're keeping the same regular P365 slide, you should theoretically be good to go on any regular P365 holster.

The P365XL-specific holsters just seem to add slide length (or open cut). That's it.

Both of my prior kydex worked just fine, and the newer kydex with sidecar I bought was standard P365 and fits as well. The trigger guard appears to be the same location and size on both, so the lock-fit seemed to work without modification. As long as you're keeping the same regular P365 slide, you should theoretically be good to go on any regular P365 holster.

The P365XL-specific holsters just seem to add slide length (or open cut). That's it.
Thank you

I hate IWB because I have to get bigger pants to fit my burner. They don't feel right without carrrying and they don't fit right besides the waist.

Those videos don't say how uncomfortable those holsters are. Having that kydex alongside skin is a recipe for major chafing and discomfort. They should talk about that first.

Love the P365 with the pinky nubbin. Carried several guns over the years and the p365 is it.

I hate IWB because I have to get bigger pants to fit my burner. They don't feel right without carrrying and they don't fit right besides the waist.

Those videos don't say how uncomfortable those holsters are. Having that kydex alongside skin is a recipe for major chafing and discomfort. They should talk about that first.

82D28DDD-F130-4786-BF04-DA72FA04AEF3.jpeg

goes with me almost everywhere, everyday for past dunno how many years. AIWB. Extremely comfortable. No chafing or problems. 95% of kydex makers build garbage including all the popular ones. The remaining few have it perfected.

thankfully I’ve never needed a gun, but if I ever have to draw it will be a full size gun that I shoot very well like a 92 or G17…and that’s only cuz I haven’t figured out how to AIWB a rifle.

if you're a full size man, carry a full size gun

1. printing is irrelevant
2. comfort is a function of the holster and belt, not size of gun

problem solved
Im no where near full size, and comfortably ccw full size just fine.
Even full size on an ankle.
Although, of i start running with it, it gets uncomfortable and clacks against the ankle

Not sure if serious, the 365 feels like absolute dog shit compared to the 365X, and I have girl hands. With a regular 365 you give up some ergos for
size. That said, these are all compromise guns, one way or another. You have to decide how much you want to compromise.
Sounds like my wife's logic

Not sure if serious, the 365 feels like absolute dog shit compared to the 365X, and I have girl hands. With a regular 365 you give up some ergos for
size. That said, these are all compromise guns, one way or another. You have to decide how much you want to compromise.
WE finally agree on something. LOL

You guys are telling me you don't carry two heaters on you at all times? Gotta roll like Tommy DeVito, but instead of a 1911 and a .38 snub, go with an HK P30 and an HK P30SK instead.

You guys are telling me you don't carry two heaters on you at all times? Gotta roll like Tommy DeVito, but instead of a 1911 and a .38 snub, go with an HK P30 and an HK P30SK instead.
Very classy choices indeed. Carry like you’re Frank Reynolds….every day

I have shot the g43x and it was quite nice. I really want to try the g48. Which seems to be almost the exact same style as the 365xl
The grip on the 43x and the 48 are identical. The only difference between them is that the 48 has a slightly longer slide and barrel. The frame is the same, with the 48 having a "dust cover extension" to fill the gap.

The grip on the 43x and the 48 are identical. The only difference between them is that the 48 has a slightly longer slide and barrel. The frame is the same, with the 48 having a "dust cover extension" to fill the gap.
I really like that the 48 looks like a mini 34….I call him mini me.

Back
Top Bottom