My new to me 1911

NES Member
The picture does it no justice. I need to take some classes from Supermoto or Adam on taking pictures.[wink]

Colt 1911 MKIV Series '70. I do not know the exact year of manufacture but its got the 70G code so it was made sometime between 70-76. Scratches are few and far between. I am the second owner of it. I was also able to get the original grips and a second pair of colt grips. I'll keep these grips on it for a little while. I think they look kinda cool.

DSCN0518.jpg

I was wondering what the %#*@ that thing was.
It was a bad idea that didn't work out very well, unless the idea was to make the gun less reliable and very difficult to strip.
Mine was prone to malfunction even after 500 rds. of ball ammo. The bushing was replaced with a normal bushing (fitted) and has been perfect in function ever since. Even though the barrels on these are necked down in size behind the muzzle, the regular solid bushing will work just fine.

Even though the barrels on these are necked down in size behind the muzzle, the regular solid bushing will work just fine.
+1 My first S70 that I bought used had a normal bushing. I was not aware till several year later that it was a replacement part.

That's a right purdy pistola. Where did you pic that up?

Back
Top Bottom